Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you identify the font?

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Default Can you identify the font?

Hi there. I need to find a font somewhat similar to the font on the Dragon Age Map:
    http://greywardens.com/wp-content/up..._1600x1200.jpg

Any ideas?

Guild Journeyer

This is my favorite place to look for fonts:

http://www.dafont.com/

Yep, I've had a browse but come up short. Some are close but nothing quite right. It's clean and readable, but also calligraphic. It's a tough balance and that particular choice is lovely.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I went through the fonts that I currently have loaded, I have around 12,000 more but I keep the best 3,000 loaded. Here's what I've come up with. Shrewsbury looks the closest but the letters have a weird little up-tilt at the end of each letter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenie.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	224.2 KB 
ID:	24672  
    Last edited by Ascension; 05-11-2010 at 09:42 PM.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    I went through the fonts that I currently have loaded, I have around 12,000 more but I keep the best 3,000 loaded. Here's what I've come up with. Shrewsbury looks the closest but the letters have a weird little up-tilt at the end of each letter.
    How do you sort them out to find something that fast?

-Rob A>

Wow, Shrewsbury is a great fit. I'm with RobA - how on earth do you keep track of 12,000 fonts? Or even 3,000 good ones?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I keep all my fonts all in a master Fonts folder (not in the windows folder) with subfolders according to font categories (script, grunge, techno, etc). The ones that I like I copy to the windows - font folder. Then I just open Photoshop, open the image, type in the word starting with the first font (! Pepsi !), and hit the down arrow until the font looks close, then copy the layer, hide the old one, and continue down the list of fonts. It took me about 90 minutes to go through the whole list and find these, set the size, spacing and what not. I had about 20 others picked out that fit the "feel" but these were the closest. The other thousands of fonts are mainly crap fonts that have screwed up kerning or leading or ones that are too similar to something already loaded. If I had every font possible I wonder what that number would be, probably near 30,000 I guess (so many dingbats), so I have about half of them.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

My goodness! And I get lost in the 100 or so I have loaded.

Tried identifont and whatthefont and drew a blank on both. It's frustrating because the font looks really familiar. I'm sure I had it installed once (or one very much like it) but I don't now. Maybe if you cross post your request on 'The Typographist' website someone might be able to help?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast