Thread: Insania

Default Insania

This land is the next installment of my world map found Here This land I'm calling Insania.

Anyways its just a simple update, to get this thread going, I placed the mountains in a very different way then my other map (Haelith found in the link above) Tell me what you think and if it works please! Cause once I get the mountains situated I can start on everything else

Well guess you'll have to open it fully, can't get it to show the thumbnail... had an error
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Continent1 #1.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	969.0 KB 
ID:	24704  
    Projects
    WIP :: Carian Round... Who knows...

Back Burner :: World Map

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!

Well still plugging away... I think I'm going to have to redo the size of the desert on the left side, just the shape and everything don't real work for me... but this is coming a long nicely, since last update, I added a little more to the mountains (still need to add snow caps) and put in forests.

Let me know what I need to fix!

Name:	Continent1b.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	921.9 KB 
ID:	24715  
    Projects

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!

looking pretty sweet! sea, mountains and forest look very nice! the lighter greens (grasslands, hills?) look a little flat and maybe the texture should be more subtle (or maybe some more color variance like with a cloud overlay). Are you gonne put in rivers? anyway, i think it's coming together nicely. cheers!

Djekspek thanks for the comment! About the grassland, are you just talking about the normal grassland area in and of it self? I don't have any "high or low" grassland areas I guess, I've got mountains and small hills surrounding them. As for rivers, absolutely, if you check HERE So Thats the "look" I'm repeating =D But Thanks for the tips, I think I might play with the grasslands a bit to see what I can come up with.

Anyways a super small update, I redid the desert, I messed with the air currant and other junk, and concluded that this desert should work, but what I ultimately want to know is if the gold/yellow hue on the inner side of the Desert mountains work. Before they kind of just stood out before, so I was trying to find a better way to blend it. So let me know, once I get more then like 10 mins to work on it, I should get much more done.

Name:	Continent1c.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	932.4 KB 
ID:	24766  
    Projects

hehe, I had seen the Haelith map but didn't remember it was from you. So please forget my comment as the grasslands/hills in those are very nice and fit in perfectly

Blog Entries

Is this the land that Peter Andre sang about in his song of the same name?
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

@ Djekspek- No worries, and thanks!

@ Ramah Saddly I don't know who Peter Andre is.... But good ol' wikipedia just helped me =D haha I'm going to have to listen to the song now, but the name was just a random name I decided to go with, any connection is pure coincidence.

Anyways I've done some minor things, after my job interview (finally, blasted jobs are for whatever reason hard to find) I'll hopefully get some more done and post an update.
    Projects

So I've done another update, I went ahead and cut up the land into kingdoms, so hopefully I can get cities, and kingdom naming here soon... As for the general land (besides rivers) I think this is the last I'll take it, So please let me know what you think!!

The updated parts are slightly adjusted Forests, Added Sand Dunes, and Some small mountains/hills

Name:	Insania 1.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	948.7 KB 
ID:	24880  
    Projects