Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Laer Ia'Bor finished!

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Bravo! Must have take a long time.

Freak man, that is just absolutely stunning, I'm glad I was able to see it from start to finish, some major changes, and for the better too, Congrats and well done!
    Projects
    WIP :: Carian Round... Who knows...

Back Burner :: World Map

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!

More rep flowing your way...
    Great effort.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Thnx to all for the kind words.

@Sapiento - Damn right it took a long time, but that was mostly due to my laptop slowing down trying to handle this map in photoshop, uni and a lot of frustration on my behalf.

@Katto - I'm looking into getting this map printed up into a poster, I'm hitting up my brother whos a printer but honestly I have no idea how to go about this.

@paradox_wanderer - All work was done in Photoshop CS3, that's all the work from making the map, the text and even the patterns that went along with it with the exception of two patterns that came along with Ascension's tut. Getting the 1-pixel fences and crennalations to show up was actually quite simple, although each one was only a 1-pixel I put a 1 pixel black stroke around each, as the layers underneath were generally a lot brighter the black stroke made the light coloured dots pop out and become more noticable, it's all colour contrast.

Now, come and join the gathering at the Cartographer's House as the next mapping expedition is being planned.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Dude, you just gave me a cool idea for a challenge...make map for the Guildhouse and maybe its city.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

So when are the guys in the White Coats due to arrive!

This is utterly fantastic! I dub thee newly repped *bonk*
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Lonewanderer.

If you want to print it big, you might want to consider printing it at a professional photo-lab. You could print in matt for an arty look, or metalic for maximum punch. I used to get 30"x40" photos printed for $38.00 if I did the colour correction myself, $54.00 if they did the correction for me, but that wat 4 years ago. It is often a lot cheaper than other formats. I'm not sure where to go in Sydney but prolabs usually have thier prices available online. You could try "probab world" I have heard they are pretty good. Just check first how to set up the file and calibrate your monitor for their output.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

The work you put in really shows, it looks awesome. I'd like to know how you did those cliffs!

Blog Entries

Awesome map, I'll have to look up those tutorials you mentioned. Repped.

Very impressive !!!
    With only one map, you give me ideas for five or six different cities for my role playing game campaign.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast