Thread: The Carolan System

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Wip The Carolan System

Okay, to kick off a project that may possibly kill me, here's the first bit. This is one system of approximately 40 that I'm going to attempt to create, representing the major systems of the Prima Imperium, the main political entity of my future history project. This is the Carolan System, blessed with not one, but two Earth-like planets.

What I'm going to do is show the planets of the system in boxes along the sidebars (done). They are only roughly to scale; in order to show the gas giants big enough, I would have had to either show only a portion of them in their respective boxes, or shrink the smaller planets down so much that all their detail is lost. So this is a compromise. They're offset slightly to the right to allow for future printing and three-hole-punching.

In the middle will be a representation of the system's various orbits. It's going to show only a portion of the whole layout, but hopefully enough to get across what I'm trying to show. After that, I'm going to add in text and various other goodies, like planetary flags, corporate logos, etc. The second picture is my crude MS Paint representation of the final schematic.

This is a setting I've been working on since I was a teenager, more than 20 years ago. I don't know that I'll ever finish translating all my ideas to visual representations like this, but here's to insanity!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SystemTest3 copy.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	412.5 KB 
ID:	24724   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sys1.PNG 
Views:	96 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	24725