Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My First Attempt - Continent Nytoga

I really like both these maps - I personally like the 2nd one better, and those colors are excellent. Not too bright, but not too dull ^.^ Looking forward to seeing the names - you've got plenty of space to name quite a bit of stuff there (although of course what you label is up to you ^.^) Liking the way the sea and land "blend", but in such a way that it's easy to differentiate the two. Neither one commands too much attention, so no one will lose the labeling in the water or in heavy geographic features or something. Looking forward to seeing those labels!
    "If they get too nosy, you know, just shoot them."
    "Shoot them?"
    "Politely!"
    "Sir, I think there's a problem with your brain being missing ... at last, we can all retire to a life of luxury!"

You're wish is my command, Alizarine!

...or something.

Been feeling under the weather, so it was the perfect excuse to glue myself to my computer and work on the names of all the countries and major cities.

I debated writing all the names in "English," but putting it all in their individual nations' letting systems would also make it less than functional for me in the long term. (I'm also ignoring the whole, since Dasimoncia and Fenja are at war, there's be issues with "who wrote the map" and all that.) So, I took an idea from Google and did both the "native tongue," along with a readable translation or transliteration for the reader.

I saved this one at a larger resolution than the others, since there are lots of names. Please feel free to rip into any/everything. I'm not 100% sure about the key... is it important to note different countries colors if they're labeled in the map itself? Are there other things that I should be noting in the key that would add to it that I've forgotten?

Thanks for all the help so far folks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NytogaTerrialMap2.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	2.46 MB 
ID:	25124  

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

looks like this is coming along very nicely. At the moment, my only complaint is that Osar is coloured blue. My geography teacher always said "never colour in land blue on your maps". It looks to much like the water.

All in all, though, I absolutely love the style.

As to the Key, while i dont usually label my nations in the key, I think it is good to keep it like you have it, what with having deserts and unclaimed land as well.

Thanks for the labels ^__^ looks absolutely fantastic. I do agree with Rythal about the "nation colored blue" thing (as well as how nicely this is coming along), and actually the key is a good idea. Quick list of nations & people looking for a specific nation can see the color and find the nation easily. Looks like there are 3 x's down at the bottom sorta over to the right that are (still) black - are those supposed to be red, or do they mean something other than "destroyed city" (there's no black x's on the key, so just wondering). All-in-all, however, this looks excellent.

- Alizarine
    "If they get too nosy, you know, just shoot them."
    "Shoot them?"
    "Politely!"
    "Sir, I think there's a problem with your brain being missing ... at last, we can all retire to a life of luxury!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12