Thread: My First Attempt - Continent Nytoga

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip My First Attempt - Continent Nytoga

Welp, here's the first map that I've really tried to show anyone else. The tutorials (namely Ravells' and Soixante's) gave me some great stuff to start with, and hopefully I went "in the right direction."

I'm going to post this WIP as I go. My eventual goal is to have a polished terrain map, a social-political map (of sorts), some trade route maps, and maybe even a couple detailed maps of the capitol cities (which intimidates me greatly). This project is to set the groundwork for a fantasy webcomic I have in the works. The story of the comic is going to be following several different people, from different sides of a war for space and resources. So, here's the first day's work on the basics of the continent.

This is the northern half of Nytoga. The watermass in the middle is a massive saltwater lake (a trapped sea, from when two continents collided ages ago). The southern portion of Nytoga reverts to mostly uninhabited desert.

I figured I'd go ahead and post what I have now for some constructive criticism before I go much farther.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NytogaBasic1.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	751.3 KB 
ID:	24727