Thread: I am new!

Post I am new!

Hello! I stumbled across this fine place while I was searching google cluelessly, trying to find help getting a world map for my rpg setting.
    I am 40, and my main hobby has always been role playing games. I am working on a setting for a game I will be running with fourth edition dnd when it comes out. Must....Have....pretty...World Map!!!

Will trade rent money for Maps!

Welcome to the Guild Bill4747! Always nice to have a new face about. You'll find a tremendous wealth of help here. Tutorials, tips, and resources that others have been putting together are all invaluable to helping you do what you want to do. Plus if you post your work in progress in the WIP forum you'll get all sorts of helpful advice to really make you map standout.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Thank you! I recently got CC3, but I am not past the 'learning curve and pull out my hair stage' yet. There is hope, however, as I am seeing a lot of really impressive maps that people are making here!

Hi, BIll, & welcome!

Perhaps considering posting as you go & you asking for assistance step-by-step? We have some very talented CC users here at the Guild who would be more than happy to help. This method will take longer, but may yield nice results & teach you a lot, too.

Once again, welcome!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Keep plugging away at it. From what I hear it's a lovely bit of kit and some of the maps I've seen it produce look terrific. Do follow the tutorials. If it's anything like CC2 it's really counter-intuitive, no dragging and dropping etc. but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty powerful.

Yep, as an avid CC user, do follow all tutorials, they are there for your help and benifit.

Welcome to the group
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by Bill4747 View Post
    Hello! I stumbled across this fine place while I was searching google cluelessly, trying to find help getting a world map for my rpg setting.
    I am 40, and my main hobby has always been role playing games. I am working on a setting for a game I will be running with fourth edition dnd when it comes out. Must....Have....pretty...World Map!!!

Will trade rent money for Maps!

Oh, NOOOO! Not TETSNBN! Just kiddin' you, any gaming is good gaming! I'm a 38 year old old-school-ish gamer myself, mostly 1E & 2E but some non TSR games, too. I also happen to be a nOOb here, so greetings from a fellow new arrival!

In just a couple days I've already gleaned an amazing amount of good info on computerized mapping software. You've definately come to the right place for cartography expertise!

Thank you all for the warm welcome!