Thread: A little CC2 help needed with duplicate entities

Guild Member

Help A little CC2 help needed with duplicate entities

I couldnt think of a better place to post this question since there seems to be many CC2/3 users about.

I'm mapping out a spacecraft, but I have found out that somewhere, all the lines for the hull have been duplicated. So instead of the hull outline being composed of 30 entities, its composed as 60.

I havent been able to find a tool to clear out entities that are duplicates so I'm posting here to see if anyone knows how to remove entities that have been duplicated.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by MGCJerry View Post
    I couldnt think of a better place to post this question since there seems to be many CC2/3 users about.

I'm mapping out a spacecraft, but I have found out that somewhere, all the lines for the hull have been duplicated. So instead of the hull outline being composed of 30 entities, its composed as 60.

I havent been able to find a tool to clear out entities that are duplicates so I'm posting here to see if anyone knows how to remove entities that have been duplicated.

Thanks for the help in advance.
    Is it a case of the outlines for the hull are duplicated, or the entire aspect of the hull has been done twice?
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Guild Member

Thanks for the reply NeonKnight.

The hull outline has been duplicated. I did manage to "fix" this by redrawing the hull onto a different layer and locking the original then deleting the 2 copies.

I've also encountered a few other things I'd like to correct that have been duplicated twice. I've done some other playing around but have yet to find it... I'm willing to bet that I'm overlooking it. :eek:

Here is my current progress:

SRBF-614 : 2048 x 1462 : 424.27 KB (434450 bytes)
    http://www.2thextreme.org/Isicander_...s/SRBF-614.JPG

If it was just the Outline that was duplicated, and not the other entities, you could quickly fix by hiding all sheets/layers but the one with the Hull, and then erasethe color black. Assuming the hull was drawn using this color, it shoudl select only the outlines. Then you could erase that and then re-outline in black so you have only a single outline.

If your hull entities are drawn in black, you should be able to select all, change color to any other color, and apply. For some reason this will never change the black outline to another color (Or at least in my experience it never has),and then you can erase the outline.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

My CC knowledge is a bit rusty but isn't there a way of selecting entities by type in CC? If that's right and the hull is an 'individual' type, you could isolate the copies that way.

Even better, if you use List on the hull it will give you the specific list numbers then you can select by the number.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Guild Member

Thanks for the replies everyone.

The original problem being is that the hull was drawn as a line with CC2 no outline or anything. I should have specified that it wasnt a "CC2 outline", but just a tracing of my drawing using the line tool in CC2 with no outline/fill set.

Since fixing it, I have now added a CC2 crosshatch outline to the hull for effect.

The select by type is a great feature, but it still selected both lines as they were identical with identical properties in the same layer.

I didnt even think of using list. But yes, it does give a list of entities which is handy, and it gives a "tag" number which could be handy.

Anyway, I did find that in the "Edit" menu, "Single Entities" -> "Dynamic Edit", is really handy as it will only select one entity, which can be moved, and worked on as needed or deleted. I wish I would have know about this function earlier.

BTW, the image linked to in my first post will be dynamically updated as this project progresses.