Thread: Ceólta, WIP

Default Ceólta, WIP

I've been working on a new map. I've done a general outline, and started filling in the landscape. I'd like to know what you think .

These are both the general outline and where I'm now:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ceólta.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	24833   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ceólta opzet.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	591.5 KB 
ID:	24834  

That's a good start, but the mountains have a strange shape. Sorry, but they look like a cat knocked over. If you can realize your schematic drawing, they will look much better I think.
    Last edited by Katto; 05-16-2010 at 03:31 PM.

I'd say apart from the mountains the rest of it looks really good. The mountain spurs are a bit too straight (both in the underlying shape and the crinkliness of the edges). It also looks to me that the definition between the mountains and the rest of the land is too defined. I'm not sure if it would work but try the tut on believable mountain edges in my sig....may help (but that's just one possible solution).

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Now I don't know the story behind your region, but what jumps to mind is that the mountains look a little like they were "sprinkled" all over ... I would find them more believable if they came in chains and there were fewer of them. Try to think of how mountains are created - by huge tectonic plates slowly over time pushes together and where they meet mountains arise. But then again - in a fantasy setting everything can happen
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise