Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: May Entry: Mordenkainen's Force Disc in the Infinite Astral Nebulae

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    I take out my fishing pole and sit at the edge for a few hours and see what's biting. Cool idea.
    Okay, you sit down, eternity goes by, but you don't catch anything. Now what do you do?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	May Entry Acen.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1,006.7 KB 
ID:	24831  
    Last edited by Aval Penworth; 05-16-2010 at 09:18 AM.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

reminds me of an old dragon article where 4 immortal characters came to their ending.... so my answer will be ... "write across character sheet RETIRED, and roll up new character"
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Blog Entries

Over here in Brittyland its all crazy. We have meters all over the place like if you buy a sheet of plywood or plasterboard its a standard 2440mm long. Yes nice standard that. Oh that just happens to be 8ft of course... then we buy all our petrol in litres but all the cars print up fuel consumption in miles per gallon on the dash. The speed limits are all in miles per hour, your odometer is in miles only and your tyre pressures are always in pounds per square inch. Your engine capacity will be in cubic centimeters but its output is always quoted in horse power tho lighbulbs and almost every other power unit is done in Watts. Talking more of pressure, the weather reports list pressure in Bar not Pascals but the temperature is in Celcius tho half the population talk about the weather being warm only in the 80's or 90's like we would all boil to death. We buy milk in cartons of 2.27 litres or 3.4 litres but you have to be careful cos some places like small corner shops sell it for the same price in 3 ltr cartons too. Also, unless you have a penchant for getting your head kicked in, you don't go to the pub and ask for a litre of Dry Blackthorn either though if you go to the supermarket and get some, then it will come in a 2 litre bottle. Thou is still used a lot in engineering tolerances but I would say the majority of engineering and science are all metric now. Land is still sold in Acres, office rental space and house floor areas still quoted in feet square tho carpet to cover that same space will be sold per meter square. And even if you go to the horse races and get the race length then its in Furlongs and the horse itself is measured in Hands. Energy is done in Calories, Therms, BTUs and Joules with almost equal mix. There's almost no instance where if we have the option of using imperial or metric that we don't in fact use both and we use almost every variety of every possible unit we have available.

So less of the stupid non British !

Blog Entries

wow... nice summary redrobes.. now if you could just start driving in the right side of the road, your life would be perfect *lol*
    It just goes to tell that changing from imperial to metric is no small deal ... all those standards through hundreds of years that suddenly has to change ... well in Denmark/Sweden (and guessing most of europe) we have:
    Sodas in ˝, 1˝, 2 liters
    Beer in ,33 liter or ,66 liter (don't ask me why) ... but in bars you just ask for a small or big beer
    booze in ,7 and 1 liters
    wood per meter but plumming is measured in inches (they won't give in those plummers)
    land is in m2 and so is housing
    Celsius - yep (so I prefer mid twenties so my beer don't get to warm)
    fuel in liters also in the cars ... although I do believe my car can switch between miles and km an hour in settings
    tyrepressure in bar
    engine in cubic centimeters but nobody understand that - they all use Horse power
    energy in food is calories in physics its joules

guess that sums it up...
    and D&D is still imperial
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Hello!!!! Challenge thread here!!! *LMAO*
    Last edited by Aval Penworth; 05-16-2010 at 09:48 AM.

Blog Entries

no need to thank us for pulling in the crowd
    but.. to be serious for a moment... the shadow is better now - but try making it a bit darker where the feet hits the ground. And love you've put Ascension in there... *rofl*, I'm guessing he's going to leave before the competion ends or you would have made nicer writing
    regs tilt

Blog Entries

Yeah - Ahem - yeah... nice shadows !...

Wip Next installment

Okay, to continue with the concept...

### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	May Entry 3.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	630.6 KB 
ID:	24874  

Can you follow the runic progression to the dimesion door? The runes will disappear when you step on each section. If you fail to follow the progression exactly escape is impossible.

Name:	May Entry 4.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	745.6 KB 
ID:	24875  

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Oh, that's cool! I was wondering where you were going with the radial grid; I like this idea a lot. On the disc they look awesome, but I could wish for a bit more contrast in the key.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast