Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: May Entry: Mordenkainen's Force Disc in the Infinite Astral Nebulae

Default May Entry: Mordenkainen's Force Disc in the Infinite Astral Nebulae

Okay, so you reappear on a glowing translucent force disc, about 30 metres across. All you can see are distant spiraling nebulae in all directions. What do you do?

### LATEST WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	May Entry 2.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	989.0 KB 
ID:	24801  
    Last edited by Aval Penworth; 05-15-2010 at 09:56 AM.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

very nice... he could use a little more grounding though so he looks more like he actually is standing on the disc
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I take out my fishing pole and sit at the edge for a few hours and see what's biting. Cool idea.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

I think the disk is more like 12 metres, whatever a metre is. I don't speak British . The good news is that I measured the outside dimensions and they are indeed one infinity wide, plus or minus five metres.
    ----------
    My Deviant Art Map Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Immolate View Post
    I think the disk is more like 12 metres, whatever a metre is. I don't speak British . The good news is that I measured the outside dimensions and they are indeed one infinity wide, plus or minus five metres.
    A metre is a meter
    Yesterday today was tomorrow.
    My deviantart: http://darkaiz.deviantart.com/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Immolate View Post
    I believe +/- 5 metres are a very acceptable varians on infinity.. ... And I'd like to see that tape measure some day
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

@Aenigma
    I think he means he doesn't actually know how long a meter is, seeing as he is of the imperial persuasion. Silly Americans.

Default Imperial is Bristish!

Hey now, the Imperial system is British, that's where us silly Americans got the idea in the first place - inches, feet and yards is by its nature British. It's not our fault, you guys decided to dump your own system of measurement

Nice colors - er, colours??

GP

PS: looks good AvalP!
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Blog Entries

yeah, it would be a lot easier if we all had the same system, points in typography is another examples of an old system that stuck, InDesign calculates all in millimeters and then sweetly converts to points for its users *lol*. That being said, I do think that inches, feet, yards and miles are very fitting for fantasy roleplaying - and I do believe that even many americans think meters are fitting for sci-fi roleplaying? All about setting the feel of the game. But enough thread "stealing" *lol*... what up AVAL!!! stop sleeping and post some more..
    regs tilt

All measurements are in Astral Metres. The Astral Plane having converted to the xeno-metric system earlier this week.

But for the sake of "fantasyfying" the feel of the image I could change it to feet.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast