• Blue Winter's Branch - by paradox_wanderer

12 38.71%
  • Crows feet - a gnome bar and brewery - by tilt

3 9.68%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *** April/May Lite Challenge Voting - All Bar None ***

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Default *** April/May Lite Challenge Voting - All Bar None ***

The entries are in and it's time to vote. This month the challenge was to create an unusual drinking den.

Here are the entries:

Please vote for 1 entry only. Remember to rep the entry you vote for, and any other that you feel merit it.

This poll will end in 4 days - 2pm EST on the 19th of May.

Good luck to everyone!
    Last edited by torstan; 05-15-2010 at 02:07 PM.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

These were all very good entries, but I had to vote for Aval's tunnel tavern. What a fantastic break from a "normal" tavern; in fact, with your permission, I'd like to use it in my current game.

Rep to all, well done everybody!

Blog Entries

I voted for tilt. His inn made me want to go in and move pieces around. Very fun. Rep for all of you competitors.

My rep tools are a bit fritsy for some reason. Can each of you check to see if I repped you and drop me a PM if I missed?
    Last edited by Immolate; 05-15-2010 at 04:38 PM.
    ----------
    My Deviant Art Map Gallery

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Man this was a tough vote because each entry has its selling points. Tilt's layout is very convincing, Aval's looks like the most fun for me, Vandal's looks like the easiest to print and the most big game company friendly map, Frost's looks like a temple so that fits the unusual req, but I think PW's is the most professional looking so I voted for him....or her, whatever
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Very nice entries folks.

AP gets mine because the ambiance is just right for a tavern in my opinion. He's got games to be played, cooking going on and lots of dark areas where whispers can take place. Love it.

I really liked a lot of things the others did:

The fish in Tilt's map almost got me, plus he had a waterwheel and that is just cool.
    Map_Vandal had a nice hand drawn look to his which I liked.
    PW's was too perfect except it fit an Elf tavern just about how you might figure those hoity toitys would have it. I liked the heated bathtub! This was so cleanly done it looks like what you would buy in a scenario pack.
    AR Frost had the old school vote. I thought he had more plans for this. I think it could have used a bit more "stuff" in it.

I will see if I can rep you all now. Thanks for all your effort!

Nope - seems busted, will do as soon as I can.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 05-16-2010 at 02:35 AM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

All good entries ... Aval got my vote cause of a nice combination of a good map and good humor
    but I loved all the maps, really high standards this month
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Member Facebook Connected A R Frost's Avatar

Yea My map wasn't finished. And I apologize to all for that. New job with a promotion 2 days in and 50-60 hour work weeks the last three weeks have killed my free time. And to be totally honest I completely forgot about this project. Sorry for leaving it uncompleted.
    The other entries look great...
    In the words of Most interesting man in the World. "Stay thirsty my friends."

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Very difficult this month because of the good maps. So I decided in which tavern I want to drink a beer and that's definitely in Truvvak's Tunnel Tavern! Yeah, drinking and having fun with dwarves and besides playing a round of goblin tossing! That would be fantastic!

Blog Entries

Whilst Goblin Tossing and Goblin Nook might make for a most memorable evenings entertainment I thought id pass and head over to the Blue Winters Branch.

Certainly a very high standard set of maps for this month lite challenge.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast