Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: City State of Aslem for A.R. Frost

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Map Finally - Another update

With all the craziness going on at work over the past few months (I've switched employers) and a lack of creativeness on my part, the updates have been (too) few and far between.

I feel like I made some good progress today, still oodles to do - here's a list of changes/updates.

• Expanded the canal system
    • Added the main castle - I pretty much just lifted this from my Shadizaar map and did some color/texture changes.
      Still some tweaks to do here.
    • Added the buildings for "The Hole" (which I am assuming is some sort of prison)
    • Added the section of the city known as "The Kennel" - This also uses the same "style" for the buildings as my Shadizaar map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aslem_WIPv3.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	4.41 MB 
ID:	27625  
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I love the keep.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Novice

I love the texture used for the cliffs, the beach, and the forests. It's been challenging to put the first two into my current city map, which I plan to post soon, but these look great. Another good looking map!

Guild Member Facebook Connected A R Frost's Avatar

Steel, It's looking great!!!! Sorry I haven't posted very much still living in my 5th wheel. We get our house first of September. And should have internet the following week, but you never know how things will happen in a small little country town in Southern New Mexico. The main castle looks awesome. If you haven't started working on the area that was called the farm, you can just make it a burnt out section of town. My current group decided to start a gang war that involved a very powerful necromancer and they ended up burn the Farm District to the ground. And the city officials haven't decided what they are going to do with the land. The east-west trade, and the outer farms provides more then enough food for the the city.
    Can't wait to see your next update.

Allan
    In the words of Most interesting man in the World. "Stay thirsty my friends."

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by A R Frost View Post
    If you haven't started working on the area that was called the farm, you can just make it a burnt out section of town. My current group decided to start a gang war that involved a very powerful necromancer and they ended up burn the Farm District to the ground. And the city officials haven't decided what they are going to do with the land.
    I'll keep that in mind. I hope to get something more done this weekend.

Wip Phew...been awhile.

Finally another update... expanded the road system within the city walls and added the destroyed 'Farm' A R Frost mentioned in his last post.

I actually feel pretty good about the progress, trying to ease myself back into this again, not do to much at one time.

Name:	Aslem_WIPv4.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	3.24 MB 
ID:	28941  

Wip

Not a huge update, but things are slowly coming along. Added the 'waterfront', the market, some experimental housing (Which I'm not thrilled with) and a couple of the walled noble 'estates'.

Feel free to leave comments, critiques, etc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aslem_WIPv5.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	2.83 MB 
ID:	28987

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think one of the problems (which I myself also is working on) is the standard beveled roof, cause that makes roofs on big buildings rather huge.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Yeah I agree tilt, if you compare the the housing I don't really care for against that in 'The Kennel' there's a huge difference. I think I may switch all of it over to my 'Shadizaar' style where the roof peaks aren't so overtly pronounced.

Default and now for Today's update...

More noble 'estates', started the somewhat tedious task of filling in the houses and other buildings.

I finally am starting to feel I'm getting back into the "swing of things" after a long time. As always feel free to let looses with the C&C.

Name:	Aslem_WIPv6.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	3.57 MB 
ID:	29074  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast