Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: City State of Aslem for A.R. Frost

Looking good. I like the way you've done the cliffs. One suggestion I have is to maybe reduce the mist at the top of the falls a bit so that you can see the water streaming over. Looks like some of the larger towers (upper wall and on that island) don't have shadows. Are there going to be bridges to the island estates? Or do they get there by boat? More rooftop color/brightness variation might be cool...but you may be planning to do that at a later stage. The textures look a little "noisy", but not sure if that's me and my screen or what. That's about all I've got! It's a neat map. I like the angular shapes of the city...it's kind of unique looking.
    M

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Thanks for the feedback Mearrin... Most of the towers are not complete, I placed them but didn't do the "detail" as of yet. There will be bridges where appropriate. I had been thinking of making the "remote" islands the home of the proverbial "mysterious wizard" - not sure yet. The 'noise' of the textures may be due to the fact that many of them have been reduced to such a small size (1% of original), may need to tinker a bit with those.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Default Yes it's another update :)

Another small update...

1. Completely redid the area known as 'The Kennel'
    2. Re-worked a majority of the basic 'neighborhood blocks' and added a couple of new ones.

I'm finally to a point where I can see light at the end of the tunnel... maybe another week or so and I'll be done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aslem_WIPv7.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	4.46 MB 
ID:	29131  

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Member Facebook Connected A R Frost's Avatar

SG, It's looking awesome. My internet was just installed at the house today. Three months of awesome maps to catch up on. I know that you all missed me.
    In the words of Most interesting man in the World. "Stay thirsty my friends."

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

3 months?! Holy frejoles, what on earth did you do with yourself? I'da gone mad...madder.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by A R Frost View Post
    SG, It's looking awesome. My internet was just installed at the house today. Three months of awesome maps to catch up on. I know that you all missed me.
    Glad you like it, any other recent developments in your campaign you'd like me to incorporate?

Hello, Steel General,
    Hope all is well in your world? My world has been real bumpy lately, dealing with some unexplained and serious heart issues, hopefully all the test done this week will give me some answers. But, back to the real reason we are on this site.
    Was wondering if you have dusted off The City-State of Aslem map and made any new advances on it? Can't wait to see the finished project.

@A R Frost

Sorry to hear about the health problems, hope everything turns out OK.

Unfortunately I haven't made much progress since my last update, my mapping mojo seems to have gone the way of the dodo.

I'm hoping some time away from mapping will re-invigorate the mojo so I can finish. However, if you feel the need to have someone else take it up and finish it, that's perfectly understandable.

@ Steel General,
    No rush, told you from the start it was on your terms and time, great thing are not built in one day... As much as I have been absent from the board since my move back to New Mexico last July, I haven't expected much progress on it. Hard to work on something when your not getting much feedback.
    Still think it looks awesome, and I know the finished map will rock.
    If and when you feel the desire to start creating again, see if you can add a large circular building next to one of the water ways in the Market District. My players have decided to start a trading company and buy a few ships. So I have created a large Merchant's Brotherhood that they have become a minor player in and several of the up coming adventures have a lot to do with the Merchant Hall.
    Again,
    Thanks for all your awesome work SG, it is greatly appreciated.
    A R Frost

Hey Frost, take care of yourself. I must have missed this post before because I have been wondering where you went. Good to hear from you even if it's just a quick pop in.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast