Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dorun Village

Default Dorun Village

I need advice about water and tree's if you would be so kind?
    I used the photoshop town Tutorial by Ascension.
    Here's also a close up of the village. (perhaps town if I figure out the population and its too big to be a village)

I love hedges I even added flowers.
    Last edited by eViLe_eAgLe; 07-11-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Criticizm is welcome

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

What kind of water and tree help do you need? I think the water looks fine, shrug. Tress I never really mastered in this style yet so there's a lot of room for experimentation there. Your little gardens/hedges look great.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I dunno.. I just see other maps made from this style and I see transparen't water with great waves and other things. I probably missed something on the Tut Btw thanks for the amazing Tutorial!

It might just be me, but the wakes from the bridge pillars seem to run completely parallel to the pillars, even though the river itself bends right after. Shouldn't the wakes follow the path or get dissipated by the changing current? Another thing that is missing if it's appropriate is that water flows back together after going around an obstruction, creating eddies or whirls. While those might not be visible on this scale (especially if the current isn't running very fast), the wakes don't appear to make any move toward rejoining after the pillars.

But I'm definitely no water expert. This is merely stuff I've seen in a much smaller scale long ago.
    My Finished Maps | My Planet Maps | My Challenge Entries | Album: Pre-generated Worlds

------
    Assuming I stick with fantasy cartography, I'd like to become a World Builder, laying out not only a realistic topography, but also the geopolitical boundaries and at least rough descriptions of the countries and societies.

Yes the wakes should follow the river its just another fluke by yours truely.

what do you guys think of the new texture so far? (hasn't gotten around to the wakes yet)

A bunch of things since I last posted (I couldn't post because of style change)

Finished Dorun with a bunch of filters.

Without.

With paper backround.

Player Edition.

Ps: These are actually much larger.. If you want them in higher quality just let me know.

The version without filters looks much better, and I love the one with paper background. Though it does not look hand drawn at all (as you would suppose on paper) and is not as clear as the colored versions, atmosphere and colors are great!
    The "Player Edition" is good, too - but maybe choose another script? There are some cool (and readable) ones at dafont.com ...
    My suggestion for the trees would be to make those "bumps" bigger - roughly as big as the houses or so. When you look at a satellite picture in google maps you may notice that the shape of single trees in woods often shows quite clear at the scale of your maps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast