Thread: May Entry: Doomsday Room

Default May Entry: Doomsday Room

An idea popped in my head and I had to get it out of my system (dont think I have the time to finish it, but lets see how far i get...)

The party ends up in a room with a miniature map of the world. The room hasn't been visited in ages (dust etc) and its origin is unknown. in the room is an anchient doomsday machine! they can use it to blow up cities etc... (playing D&D there was always some cities in the campaign i just wanted to get rid of ... Party finds out what it does (maybe some rune-translation-puzzle) and how it works (this should start an interesting alignment discussion i guess, unless you only play with evil characters. "if you have the power to destroy an entire city/castle/etc full of evils with a press of a button, would you do it...incl. possible collateral damage...?"). Also maybe they have to punch buttons with coordinates to aim the machine (this might be tricky with digits in another language)... or maybe ther's only one charge left so if they decide to use it they have to determine what target to take...

Getting out of the room is basically at DM's discretion to fit in the campaign. Maybe the gods would intervene ... or once the machine is used once, a scary count-down clock starts ticking... if they use the machine again the clock resets and starts count-down again... if they let the clock just tick to zero, the party is teleported out of the room (either just to freedom or to a place where they will be judged)... I guess that if they dont use the machine.. hmmm ... well they are stuck in the room (i'll come up with something

anyway, i posted a drafty sketch of the room and will let the idea wander in my head for a while. cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	worlmap copy.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	411.1 KB 
ID:	24845  

Just have the party get teleported to the city they chose to destroy, right before it happens. This would explain why its all dusty, users never get back to the room once they end up in a city about to be destroyed. Would make for some interesting party reactions when they appear in the targetted city.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

GP, I love that thinking. It's so much fun to tweak player's minds with stuff like this.

Cool idea DJ.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

That's just evil. LOL. Love it.
    M

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

very cool idea and love your sketch - hope you find time to work on it
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise