Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Award Winner] Fastest town in the west

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    The buildings are covered in the tut. The road strokes I forget cuz it's been a while. It has something to do with creating a selection of the roads, putting a stroke on that selection, then make a random clouds layer, select the white (or black), remove the clouds, hit the delete key. Repeat the process for the next line.
    I'm sorry. I figured it out and that I do not have a square pencil brush. All of my "buildings" were just huts heh.

Guild Apprentice

Thanks man! Just finished with the map and it looks much better than I could ever be accused of being able to create!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks good, man.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Has anyone successfully translated this (very very cool) technique to the GIMP?

I can sort of see bits of it, but I'm still a relative GIMP newbie and can't quite put the whole thing together.

Default Rapidale

I hope I'm not reviving an old thread. First let me say that I loved how simple and straightforward this tutorial was. Just starting out, the parts on textures and the various blending option were very helpful!
    I ran into the same issue with the black section of the building (which were deleted pixels). I think I didn't select the color to delete for Color Mode and the Stroke was showing through. Well, here's my attempt.
    I didn't really like the default Clouds texture for the ponds, so I used my own. But it was perfect for the trees.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01Rapidale.jpg 
Views:	494 
Size:	514.2 KB 
ID:	31175

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Good stuff, dude. Glad you liked the tut as well. And don't worry about reviving old threads...there's so many old threads that many new guys never even see the old stuff.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Fear my powers of threadomancy! Neat tutorial. I managed to knock this out today. I think I screwed up the trees, but I think that maybe a signature thing for me. I learned a few things that photoshop could do that I didn't know. I didn't know you could get an action to do this much of the work. Can actions be shared like brushes and such?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ascension Town Tutorial copy.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	41498  

Well if it weren't for your threadomancy, Thesslian, I wouldn't have discovered this tutorial. Thank you for your dark powers!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected wildharmonic's Avatar

Wow, this seriously just blew my mind. Thank you so much!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Ive automated the process of making this kind of maps... im waiting on my post to be "approved" and i'll link it here

Big thx for this tutorial... thats a great and easy process for on the fly towns designs.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast