Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Could use some critique

Default Could use some critique

Hey everyone,

I've been a silent reader for quite some time. Actually I still find it fascinating I'm not the only one having such a strange hobby
    But now I guess it would be nice to post one of my projects and see what others think about it. Comments appreciated!

This is not my first map, just one I came up with this weekend because I was stuck in bed with a cold. It's part of a larger map, but that's far too big to post it here. If you wonder about the names, having all my maps in English became boring over time

Feel free to comment on it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aurelis.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	24868  

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

sehr schön ... an congratulations on your first post - I'll throw some rep in your direction to get you started
    I really like the colors, the mountains look a little bland, could use a bit more definition
    And love your icons for cities and such - very nice
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Really nice. A good start. Please post the whole map!

Hey nice! I love the way you did that compass. overall a very clean and attractive map so far.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

I surely will... once it's done The whole map is actually approx. eight times the size of Aurelis, so I will need some time to figure out names and stuff.

Thanks for the comments, btw, I'll find I way to deal with the mountains. On the big map they looked good, but I agree that in greater detail they're a bit boring.

I can't see anything negative about the map at all. It's a great looking map, and I love the style and colors. Looking forward to seeing more!

I like it!!! Have some rep .

So I've dealt with the mountains, still I'm not entirely happy with it. Any ideas?
    And I added the dotted lines representing ferry routes which I had completely forgotten.

I'll also try to upload the entire map, although I'm afraid I'll have to downscale it so much that it won't be legible anymore
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aurelis_new.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	24869   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the_east.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	24870  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

The mountains on the 'close-up' are better, but still seem a bit "soft and fuzzy" to me.

The larger map looks quite good (even if "dummied down" for uploading), I think the only thing I would consider changing is the maybe toning down the texture on the ocean just a bit.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks, I'll see what I can do about the water. But I really don't know how to deal with the mountains. I've never been friends with creating mountains. Got any ideas how to make them hard as a rock, literally speaking?
    Now that the warm fuzzy part is over we can get back to the ritual dismemberments. Oh wait, it's not Tuesday is it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast