Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Could use some critique

@Sadist: That's basically what I tried yesterday, still I hated every new result more than the previous one. So I decided to go to bed and re-start today.
    I guess my problem is that the map is just to big, so the mountains have to be really complex. That's an awful lot of work...
    Now that the warm fuzzy part is over we can get back to the ritual dismemberments. Oh wait, it's not Tuesday is it?

Default New Attempt

Here's what I came up with after 3 PS crashes and a lot of agonizing. I'm still not entirely satisfied, but I give up.

Now I'm going to deal with some roleplaying stuff, floorplans and such, since there are no mountains there. Perhaps that'll work out better so I can show something I'm actually satisfied with.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aurelis_3.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	25465  
    Now that the warm fuzzy part is over we can get back to the ritual dismemberments. Oh wait, it's not Tuesday is it?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I think those look pretty good. Aren't mountains fun?
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think your mountains look rather good now - good job
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

In my experience, you'll never be satisfied with your own mountains. They look great to me

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    In my experience, you'll never be satisfied with your own mountains. They look great to me
    Thanks for the praise. And for that wonderful sentence! The meaning changes a lot depending on the context Really made my day!

Blog Entries

Heh LOL - I wouldn't have caught that nuance until you highlighted it. BTW your map looks great. Do you have all the other bits in original high res online somewhere ?

Other bits? You mean the rest of the map? Yes, but I'll need to fix all the mountains there before I can show it again. And judging from my experience with Aurelis, this is going to take an awful lot of time. Probably a Sunday. So ask me that again tomorrow

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123