Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worlds Largest Dungeon

Guild Journeyer MadCartographer's Avatar

Post Worlds Largest Dungeon

I have started on the Worlds Largest Dungeon.

http://www.mstsls.com/ls/WLD/SectionA.JPG

This is just a small fraction of the 1st of 16 large fold out maps.

I am includding the encounters as well, all though I can "hide" them for players.

I'm creating this in CC3.
    I hope you enjoy.

UPDATED: 10-14-10

-lee
    Last edited by MadCartographer; 10-14-2010 at 03:51 PM.
    _________
    User of:
    CC2 & CC3, FT Pro Exclusively.
    If it's ProFantasy, I'm using it.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

good luck... or stamina
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Is this for the AEG Adventure Map of the same name? (it's been a while since I looked at it). I assume it is, so if so, I wish you luck 'cause that thing was enormous. No doubt anyone wanting to use your map for maptool or anything will be very appreciative.

Yea this is the AEG Adventure, 16 Full size maps. What you see above is almost the LEFT half of the 1st map. Only 15.5 more to go! WHOOT!
    _________
    User of:

I actually played through this monster.

I've often wanted to try my hand at remaking these maps, but, I've just been too daunted to do so. Good luck.

Guild Novice

Good Lord sir!, a PC could go mad wandering this dungeon if what I'm looking at is only 1/32nd of the entire dungeon .

Have you ever had a PC fully complete this metropolis size dungeon out of curiosity?

Quote Originally Posted by Dyluth View Post
    Good Lord sir!, a PC could go mad wandering this dungeon if what I'm looking at is only 1/32nd of the entire dungeon .

Have you ever had a PC fully complete this metropolis size dungeon out of curiosity?
    I have never played this, but I did lay out all the maps on my living room floor. Needless to say, it took up MOST of the floor space.
    _________
    User of:

I updated the pic in my 1st post for this project.
    _________
    User of:

Well, sir, you have inspired me. I've broken out my maps and I'm starting to update them. I want to run this bad boy again. Although, this time it's going to be for 4e D&D, so, some of the rooms need to be a lot bigger. One of the issues with the module was big monsters, small room. Such as four large monsters (10x10 each) in a 20x20 room. Yes, those four monsters fit, but, none of them can actually attack except for the one that's filling up the doorway. And there are multiple rooms where the monsters actually couldn't fit in the space provided. At least, they couldn't fight anyway.

So, I'm cutting things up into smaller chunks, adding stairways and other verticality, slashing out lots of walls and whatnot. When I've got something presentable, I'll post it.

Thanks for the kick.

BTW, if you want to make this pretty, there's a script (RobA's ?) that uses Gimp to make things into dungeons. Works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Hussar View Post
    Well, sir, you have inspired me. I've broken out my maps and I'm starting to update them. I want to run this bad boy again. Although, this time it's going to be for 4e D&D, so, some of the rooms need to be a lot bigger. One of the issues with the module was big monsters, small room. Such as four large monsters (10x10 each) in a 20x20 room. Yes, those four monsters fit, but, none of them can actually attack except for the one that's filling up the doorway. And there are multiple rooms where the monsters actually couldn't fit in the space provided. At least, they couldn't fight anyway.

So, I'm cutting things up into smaller chunks, adding stairways and other verticality, slashing out lots of walls and whatnot. When I've got something presentable, I'll post it.

Thanks for the kick.

BTW, if you want to make this pretty, there's a script (RobA's ?) that uses Gimp to make things into dungeons. Works great.
    Hussar, WOW, I really like your version MUCH better. I'm just starting with Cartography (even though I've owned CC3 and add ons for many years now), I'm just starting to use it.

Keep it up, yours looks great!
    -MC
    _________
    User of:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast