Thread: Mountains, need some help...

Carlo

Default Mountains, need some help...

Well, i'm going to start my new campaign map for D&D. But i want something good because i'll use it for 1 year.

I'm thinking if i'll use PS or GIMP, but it doesnt matter now.

I just need help to make mountains, i have some maps (i think some of them are from this forum, but not sure) that i'll use as example for the mountain style i wanna do:

Map1

Map2

Map3

Map4

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi Carlo, first off - no need to link your maps to image shack - you can add them directly to your post here - and there will be created automatic thumbs for you
    Try looking here http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...pasis+tutorial that might be something for you
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Welcome to the Guild Carlo. So, if I understand you Carlo, these are not maps that you have created, but that you are drawing on as examples for the kind of mountains you want to end up with. Given that, you want to know how to reproduce such mountains, and what kind of software you need to do so. Is that right? If so, you are looking for either this tutorial, or this tutorial. Each of these will walk you through the process of map creation, including the mountain-building steps, that were used to create the maps you are using as examples.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Carlo

@tilt: Hmm, i didn't know i can just add the image on my post, so thanks, next time i'll do that.

@arsheesh: You understand exactly what i want to say.

Well, i'm reading the tutorials i think them will help me a lot with my project. So thanks you for helping me.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Carlo; 05-18-2010 at 04:38 PM.