Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Generic Assassination locations...?

Ah, but the true measure of an assassin's skill is if he/she can get away with it in broad daylight on a well traveled public street . . .

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

First places that come to mind are sites of decadence - bathhouses, brothels, private chateau etc

Also, I don't know how you'd do it. Wagons & Carriages.

Sigurd

Dollhouse Syndrome = The temptation to turn a map into a picture, obscuring the goal of the image with the appeal of cute, or simply available, parts. Maps have clarity through simplification.

--- Sigurd

I like the Bathhouse idea. And while brothels are there, it might not be appropriate for all audiences, so I'd abstain from that. But the carriage idea is brilliant, I can do that no problem! Thanks for the ideas! Have some REP!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Default A couple assassination locations

OK, since these are for publication, I won't post all of them and these are only 100 ppi for a reduced size version - these are bonus maps for the project, so it's not too critical if you use them for your games. Two assassination sites - one is noble or aristocrats bedroom, the second is a noble's carriage.

Since the main project map is hand-drawn, I had to keep that style with these bonus maps.

Enjoy!

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	noble-bedroom.jpg 
Views:	857 
Size:	169.8 KB 
ID:	25412   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	noble-carriage.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	25414  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Assassination Locations:

Wardrobe (proper "old" Wardrobes were actually small rooms filled with clothes. A proper walk-in "closet"/wardrobe and usually connected to either a wash-chamber or the personage's bedchamber)

Carriages. Love a good carriage killing. Usual tricks: sabotage the wheels, shoot the horses while they're at speed, "pretend mugging"

During "Court". Lots of people, lots of witnesses, lots of places to hide. An ideal way to shoot a king with a poisoned crossbow and escape in the chaos.

Festival Day Killing. (This includes killing at the local Joust). King Whassisname and Mrs King will be sitting in a nice prominent position, able to be easily spied from a great distance and either shot or have their thrones tampered with so they get poisoned via the Royal Seat... Again, plenty of chaos to escape in.

"Oops did I swap the Bath Oils for Lethal Toxins"... This should explain itself and will probably result in the Medieval "Man-in-the-Red-Shirt*" getting executed for the killing. (*Star Trek reference)
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Good ideas, Juggie! Then I should add an extension to the bedroom map, get rid of that bench on the south by the fireplace, put in a wardrobe with a door at that spot, then move the bath with a privy in a chamber beyond. I wanted to put in a private desk in the bedroom and some sitting furniture.

I've got a court, but didn't post it. You see the carriage, so got that already, so we're on the same track.

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

very nice - I would say, however, that a prominent person would have two white horses, and definitly not different colored ones
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Default Update

@ Tilt - that's smart, will fix that right away (tomorrow).

@ Juggie - I opted to go for the aristocrat's bed chamber with attached wardrobe and privy, still working on it, but here's an update on what they look like. I stole parts of the other map to recreate the walls and floor, moved the bathtub into the privy chamber, stole my privy from my Assassin's Lair map. Now I need to put a wooden separation wall with a doorway to separate the wardrobe on the left from the privy and bath on the right. Will put in clothing on the rack, dressers, a desk and a small couch for the bedroom and call this complete.

Oh the bed covers clashed with the floor, so I made the covers burgandy to match the floor better - aristocrats do have a fashion sense, or at least someone on the staff does.

GP

Name:	aristocrat-chamber.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	170.4 KB 
ID:	25424   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wardrobe-privy.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	25425  
    DrivethruRPG store

Default Never intended this to be a WIP....

Sorry, I should have posted this thread in the WIP forums, but at the time didn't think this would happen. Anyway, I think I'm done with the 2.5 maps posted here. For Tilt I made the carriage horses white - as might be more appropriate for an aristocrats vehicle. I finished the wardrobe and privy, added clothes on racks, a wall between the wardrobe and privy, and another door going south (up to GM, but probably another aristocratic bedroom). I created a desk and a lounging couch in front of the fireplace - these maps are done!

GP

Name:	noble-carriage.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	25447   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aristocrat-chamber.jpg 
Views:	550 
Size:	156.8 KB 
ID:	25448   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wardrobe-privy.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	25449  
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast