Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Empire of Humankind

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Default Empire of Humankind

Okay, so...

I gonna go ahead and call this map done. Potentially, I could keep adding more and more stuff, but I figure it would eventually get so cluttered, it'd be virtually unreadable, so there you have it. This is the final version.
    This map has been under development for more than 2 months now. It's been a long, really long, and hard, really hard, journey. I guess that I've spent more than 100 hours on this... 100 hours of my life that I will never ever get back! lol...
    Much of that time has been spent scouring the Internet for textures and stuff that I would then tweak and transform into the more than a hundred planets you see now. I admit, some of the stuff I've "borrow" is done without permission, simply because I wouldn't know where to ask.
    The people I must give credit to, however, is:

Muddle, for letting me borrow this map. His planet is fittingly called Muddle's First.
    a2area, for letting me borrow not one, not two but three maps; these and this. The three planets are named Torentine, Gotha and Israh.
    Antheon, for letting me borrow this map. His planet is called Eneath
    The Celestia application, for "letting" me "borrow" the textures for terraformed Venus and Mars. I hope whoever created those neat-looking maps don't take offense to me completely ripping them off.

Also, should you be so inclined, I've posted the a 0,001% finished "companion book" for this map, which will describe the setting of the map, in some detail. Whether I will ever get around to getting that thing into halfway decent shape is highly doubtful...

This has been one crazy big project, that has produced a crazy big map, that is hopefully also crazy fun to look at.
    Enjoy!

http://daelind.deviantart.com/art/Em...kind-164462529

P.S. The map is 27mb, so I'll have to host it on deviantart.com

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fantastic map, have some rep with my sword of cool repping +2
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I really like this map! Then again, I'm a big sci-fi geek at heart.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Wonderful Work Daelin!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

that's totally, insanely awesome. i love it. it'd make a brilliant scifi RPG setting.
    >>< drow ><<

Much rep to you.
    M

@drow
    Well, that is kinda what I'm trying to make with the companion book. But I'm a bit more of the "creative" sort, so I have zero idea how to make the rules and scenarios and whatnot. I really dig Warhammer 40K as a setting, even though I've never played the actual tabletop game. So this is just my feeble attempt at making an RPG setting, as it were.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have 10% of a sci-fi ruleset laying around some where ... the basics is sketched out, but needs a lot of filling in.... and since its 10 years ago I made it - probably a lot of updating. And one thing it doesn't have ... is a map
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

It really is wonderful. If I ever run a sci-fi setting again, I know where to come. Maybe a vampires in space theme. Rep to you.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

@tilt
    Well, if you'd like to use my map, be my guest! I think I'll just focus on the fiction, for now, and see if it actually gets me somewhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast