Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drachewelt - WIP

Wip Drachewelt - WIP

Just wanted to toss my first post up, this is a work in progress of my new campaign world for 4E. Eventually when it's done it will be used in Maptools for projecting for the players. Took some inspiration from Tears on how to do Oceans as I had never done them before, drew my own continents. Tons of great information here and would love any comments
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drachewelt.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	431.3 KB 
ID:	24893  

I like it, although I'm not sure if you may want it bigger? The zoom doesn't give a lot more but maybe you can only go so big for Maptools? Someone with more knowledge than I may be able to tell you better. Give it a day.

Good Ocean effect and I like the shape of the lands. Looking forward to seeing this take shape.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good beginning, but I agree with Jax - it's very small for a continent.. you won't be able to fit so many details in... but have some rep for posting your first map
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

The main map is actually 4000 x 3000 so I have a ton of room to actually work with, I scaled it down so it wouldn't be such a huge upload, do folks usually toss up their full scale drawings?

Blog Entries

*lol*.. ok cool .. no, lots of people scale down until they show the final map - and sometimes cut out a bit in full scale to show off details
    but since you're new we just weren't sure if you did that or were about to make a huge mistake
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    *lol*.. ok cool .. no, lots of people scale down until they show the final map - and sometimes cut out a bit in full scale to show off details
    but since you're new we just weren't sure if you did that or were about to make a huge mistake
    Oh that's cool I appreciate the concern I'm new to the cartographer end of things but I do photoshop comps/websites for a living and have been bitten by the too small source before. I tend to almost make things too big LOL!

Blog Entries

Well, I've almost finished my "mountain realms" map and it turns out, that I should have made it double the size ... and I'm also used to starting big - but this was my first map for rpgs done digitally. So I made it to fit an A4 so I could print it myself, but now I regret not going bigger *lol*
    regs tilt

A nice landmass do you have there, but I am irritated with the title: do you mean Dragonworld? If so you had to insert a "n": Drachenwelt. Meaning the land of one or more dragons.

Guild Journeyer

* The coastal shape looks good to me, except it is visibly constrained by the size of the rectangle you started with. If you expanded the document size to include a whole lot of ocean around the edges, anybody could still guess with a high degree of accuracy how big the original document was, since on all sides you have land ending right on or close to the edge of your document.

* Is what you've shown the whole world?
    If so, and it's supposed to be a round world, you'll generally want a surface 2X as wide as it is tall, so you can easily wrap in around a sphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Katto View Post
    A nice landmass do you have there, but I am irritated with the title: do you mean Dragonworld? If so you had to insert a "n": Drachenwelt. Meaning the land of one or more dragons.
    Thanks for that actually, my german is a bit rusty, I'll correct that going forward.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast