Thread: My World of Aranor in CC3

Wip My World of Aranor in CC3

This is the northern region of the continent of Calanthas in Aranor. This CC3 version is (mostly) done (are they ever really done?), as is the town. I am posting the CC3 versions because these are the maps I am going to start my migration to GIMP with, so I thought I would give a frame of reference to those interested. Also, anyone interested in my write-up for the world may feel free to let me know and I'll be happy to share. One of these days, when my maps are ready, I hope to put the whole world up to share. If anyone has any tips on good, free hosting for that sort of thing, I would be grateful.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Calanthas North.PNG 
Views:	247 
Size:	648.4 KB 
ID:	24933   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ravenhold Town.PNG 
Views:	2386 
Size:	674.0 KB 
ID:	24932  
    Sláinte

"'Round the world and back again, that's the sailor's way!"
    Willie Wonka
    Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

http://warforsouthernindependence.blogspot.com/
    My blog exploring some unpopular truths about the war that defines our nation.

I would like to see some details, but the maps are too small. Could you please post a larger version?

I concur. A higher res version would be nice to see.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very nice Ilvarin and welcome to the guild.
    I also concur with the others, lets have some higher res images so we can see more details
    That being said - have some rep for your first upload
    And Deviant Art can probably host most of what you got
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Map

Here is a "richer" version. Sorry the other was lacking, but thanks for having enough interest to want more. This was my first use of CC's sheets. I didn't get around to shading or adding any depth to the water either. Maybe someday, but for the foreseeable future I plan on devoting my energy to GIMP. I want to get this map, and the eastern and southern portions of the continent ported over first. I'll get the better version of the town map up soon, I just had to do them one at a time for technical reasons Thanks for the kind comments, and the rep. I can't say enough about how awesome it is to be a part of this guild.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Northern Calanthas.PNG 
Views:	258 
Size:	3.89 MB 
ID:	25011  
    Last edited by Ilvarin; 05-21-2010 at 07:03 PM.
    Sláinte

Willie Wonka

Good Morning all. I was toying around with m settings and saw blog options. Would it be appropriate and/or wise to use guild blog to host my world? As in finished maps, articles, write-ups on kingdoms, adventures, all that jive? If so, that would be fantastic to have this be my one destination where all this is concerned.
    Sláinte

Willie Wonka

The larger version is much better . Good first map. If you want to redo it with Gimp, export just the landmass in the needed resolution, import it to Gimp and use it as a starting point. That makes things much easier.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Concerning hosting all on a blog here I could imagine 2 problems:
    1. There is an upper limit on image size so really big maps wont "fit"
    2. Backup and structure. I could imagine a blog not being the safest place in the universe to place files, and also not the most organized. I would probably rather make a dedicated homepage somewhere and then blog about my progress and link to the homepage (or put everything both places)
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

This is as much as I know about the blogs at the moment: go ahead and blog away - that's what it's there for. Treat it as your own little personal space within the format and structure of The Guild, here. That means post what ya want. Tilt's comment about image size is a valid one but for 90% of your needs you should be good to go. Arcana or RobA are the ones to really answer the question but from what we've talked about in our secret meetings I gather that you should just have fun with it. Also, it gives us a chance to weed out any bugs. Maybe someday we can get everyone to do their blogging here and take over the world...Pinky and the Brain style.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps