Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Fantasy Cartography with Adobe Photoshop, Adapted to Gimp

Info

Here's another little addition that might be useful, a set of 5 masks that can be used for the tutorial's torn paper effect rather than using the select tool. Makes things a bit easier.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Guild Member Facebook Connected wisemoon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aetherImprobable View Post
    I see in Episode 2, the instructions require a watercolour set. Where can I download one for GIMP 2.8? I am relatively new to GIMP.
    -Xis
    I am SO sorry I wasn't able to see this and respond in a timely fashion. If you are still following the thread, the best way to find brushes for GIMP is to go to deviantart.com and do a search on "gimp brushes". There are a TON of great artists on deviantart who are creating brushes for both Photoshop and GIMP. I'm sure you can find a set of watercolor brushes there. Thanks for reading my thread and using my tutorials!
    This and all other posts, including image or document files created by me that are linked in a post, are copyright Megan L. Wiseman, in the current year. Permission to use granted under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License unless otherwise stated in the post.
    Please visit my blog - cartography, popular culture, and my art/design journal. Here are my finished maps!

Thank you so much for this transcript and "translation" to GIMP.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234