Thread: Fantasy Cartography with Adobe Photoshop, Adapted to Gimp

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member Facebook Connected wisemoon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tutorial Fantasy Cartography with Adobe Photoshop, Adapted to Gimp

I've finished adapting the first episode of Butch Curry's Fantasy Cartography with Adobe Photoshop video tutorial series. There are a few steps he does in Photoshop I don't know how to replicate in Gimp; in those cases I've indicated what steps one takes in Photoshop. If anyone tests this out and knows, or figures out, the Gimp equivalent--please let me know, so I can update the tutorials.

Episode one doesn't get you very far, but I hope to be able to continue this fairly quickly. I'll post subsequent episode adaptations as replies to this thread.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FantasyCartography_AdaptedToGimp_Ep1.pdf  
    Last edited by wisemoon; 05-24-2010 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Forgot something
    This and all other posts, including image or document files created by me that are linked in a post, are copyright Megan L. Wiseman, in the current year. Permission to use granted under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License unless otherwise stated in the post.
    Please visit my blog - cartography, popular culture, and my art/design journal. Here are my finished maps!