Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Castle Ruins

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    I was wondering how you got such wonderful hatching...
    Drawing tedious detail seems to be my "thing" since most of my drawings include it in one form or another. For the record: I put the movie "Avatar" on when I started the hatching and finished the last line just as the credits were concluding...
    Check out my works and download free samples at https://www.patreon.com/ierdesign

"Good teachers love inquisitive students."
    "Great societies demand quality conversation."
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it, we go nowhere."

Ya know it looks a lot like the floor plan to of the main keep of Caernarfon Castle in Wales.

edit: that Is the main keep at Caernarfon. I love that castle.
    Last edited by someguy; 05-28-2010 at 11:04 PM.
    My current thread, Developing a plausible and functional system for Fantasy Economics in an rpg.

Quote Originally Posted by someguy View Post
    Ya know it looks a lot like the floor plan to of the main keep of Caernarfon Castle in Wales.

edit: that Is the main keep at Caernarfon. I love that castle.
    Yep, Steel General recognized it as well. I got the general outline from "The Palladium Book of European Castles" but other than the overall shape it has been heavily modified since the map in the book is useless for anything beyond hinting at a general arrangement.
    Check out my works and download free samples at https://www.patreon.com/ierdesign

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it, we go nowhere."

What i think would be really cool, is if some one did a really good set of renderings of the hole castle, including the fortified town. A nitty grity one, that maps out everything.

Thats something i'd pay good money for as a game aid.
    My current thread, Developing a plausible and functional system for Fantasy Economics in an rpg.

Quote Originally Posted by someguy View Post
    What i think would be really cool, is if some one did a really good set of renderings of the hole castle, including the fortified town. A nitty grity one, that maps out everything.
    The whole castle is being rendered; I've already completed from the basement to the 3rd story. Due to the complexity of the floorplan I was planning on including a couple of views of the castle as seen from different angles to put the plans into perspective for the average, non-architect gamer. I hadn't planned on including any structures beyond the keep, but it's a good idea for a future project.

A book on castles! What a great idea for inspiration.

The castle looks fantastic! You said it's hand-drawn; it looks so clean! Did you clean things up in Illustrator? (I'm a total n00b to mapping.)

Guild Novice

A brilliant illustration indeed sir, even more so as it was hand drawn. I just love ruins of all kinds, they make for amazing combat scenes and great places for ancient mysteries and discoveries. I can't wait to see the basement level and these illustrations of the structure from other perspectives as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12