Thread: Galactic Map

Wip Galactic Map

I've been working in a map for the galaxy (it might not be the Milky Way)

The first attachment (galaxia800px.jpg) is just the galaxy drawing, the idea is mix it with the other picture (galaxia-sectores.jpg). In the second one are the sectors in witch the galaxy is devided, each sector is 10000 light years on each side.

I want to do a printer friendly version of the map, but I have no idea on how can I do this, any ideas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	galaxia800px.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	225.5 KB 
ID:	25118   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	galaxia-sectores.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	175.5 KB 
ID:	25117  

Both of those seem pretty printer-friendly to me, but if you're looking for some way to combine the two, convert the sector map to transparent squares, with the lines and text in red (a color apparently not used much in the galaxy drawing), so that the grid lies over the drawing.
    My Finished Maps | My Planet Maps | My Challenge Entries | Album: Pre-generated Worlds

------
    Assuming I stick with fantasy cartography, I'd like to become a World Builder, laying out not only a realistic topography, but also the geopolitical boundaries and at least rough descriptions of the countries and societies.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

You mean something like this...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Combined.jpg 
Views:	565 
Size:	268.0 KB 
ID:	25120  
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.