Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arc Celestia

Map Arc Celestia

This is for a one-shot adventure idea I had agggess ago. Finally got around to making the general deckplan map.

This is probably really cool, but it is so dark on my monitor, all I can make out is the lables.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Have to agree with A.P., can't really make out a whole lot more than the labels.

I can tell it's an asteroid (of some sort) and there's some kind of door/hatch and that's about it.

From what I can see it does look pretty neat tho.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looking good and nice idea with a "cross section" of the asteroid/spacestation. But as mentioned above you need to lighten the colors a bit so we can see the art - and then lower the opacity of the grid, no need to be able to more than just see it
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected zhar2's Avatar

looking nice, u just need to incease the lightness and contract a bit, the asteroids is kinna lost in the background.

It actually doesn't look that dark on my monitor and I've got it set at factory brightness/contrast. But I'll take your word for it (as more than one of you have said the same) and try to brighten it up. It is supposed to be almost black on one side though, it being space and light casting such harsh shadow. Also the deckplan is intended to be the focus really with the image the background.

Anyway, I'll do some more work on it at some point and see what I can do. Thanks for the critique.

Dark here too...but I can make out bits of it. Looks pretty cool to me.
    M

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

awesome stuff, it looks really good!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    It actually doesn't look that dark on my monitor and I've got it set at factory brightness/contrast. But I'll take your word for it (as more than one of you have said the same) and try to brighten it up. It is supposed to be almost black on one side though, it being space and light casting such harsh shadow. Also the deckplan is intended to be the focus really with the image the background.

Anyway, I'll do some more work on it at some point and see what I can do. Thanks for the critique.
    Well, space might be dark but cheating is allowed on maps - however if you want a reason for your astroid to be lighter, put in some navigation lights and/or spots on it
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Just need to pump up the brightness and contrast a little.

:edit: the background needs more contrast, and make the labeling a little more transparent.
    Last edited by someguy; 05-23-2010 at 11:10 PM.
    My current thread, Developing a plausible and functional system for Fantasy Economics in an rpg.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast