Thread: May Entry Lightning Cage

Post May Entry Lightning Cage

** It was a clear day in early Spring when Capt. Pandis and the Dawn-Rose sighted the island. They had been sailing through uncharted waters for nearly three weeks, and the crew had become uneasy. The cry “Land!” from the crow's nest instantly lifted their spirits, though. The object of their voyage was on the small, rocky island. The arch-wizard Yorril had constructed his stronghold on the island generations ago. Even though he had been dead over 200 years, legends still told of the arcane defenses he had ringed the isle with. Yet, the Dawn-Rose sailed bravely on.

Suddenly, from the clear blue Spring sky lightning began crashing into the sea around the vessel. In a matter of moments hundreds of lightning bolts were ringing the ship, striking the water continuously. The frantic crew raced about wildly, unsure of what to do. The ship lurched violently as the lightning began arching over the masts, forming a dome of crackling energy. The captain looked over the stern rail and saw the sea falling away as his ship was lifted into the air by unseen hands. The lightning was curving beneath his keel, as well. The Dawn-Rose had fallen prey to one of the mad wizard's many wards and was now imprisoned in a ball-shaped cage woven of purple lightning. A cage with no door, no key, and no hope of escape. **

Greetings! This is my first stab at the Challenge. I'm new around here and just wanted to get my feet wet. I saw a tutorial for the ball o' crackling pop and thought "hmmmm, ship in a bottle perhaps?". This is also my first posting of any work in GIMP. So, there you have it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ship In A Glitterball.png 
Views:	158 
Size:	198.2 KB 
ID:	25010  
    Sláinte

"'Round the world and back again, that's the sailor's way!"
    Willie Wonka
    Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

http://warforsouthernindependence.blogspot.com/
    My blog exploring some unpopular truths about the war that defines our nation.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

nice - and good luck on your first challenge
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise