Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Haven 2015: private map

Default New Haven 2015: private map

A small map I did last week, just to try some simpler coloring. Don't know how I managed it, but this was drawn on a A4, and then labeled/colored in PS. (Apart from the city icons, which are some older brushes I made the other year).

Feedback and comments are much appreciated. Especially concerning the style

Cheers,
    Tainotim

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Great Haven 2015.jpg 
Views:	362 
Size:	3.12 MB 
ID:	73913 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Great Haven 2015 gray.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	73914
    Last edited by tainotim; 06-07-2015 at 09:23 AM.

Fantastic work! Lovely map, as are all your pieces.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Lovely style - spare and stark, gives the impression of cold moors and lonely plains. Love the city/mountain/tree icons.

Banned User

This is a beautiful map! The labels are done in PS, right? I find them just a little hard to read where they overlay a forest or hills. Would it be possible to add a touch more outer glow to them, to help separate them from the background? Otherwise, this is splendid!

Thanks a lot friend! Definitely see what you mean Chick. In previous maps I have felt that I had to much outer glow, perhaps I went too far trying to avoid it in this one. Something in-between should hopefully work

Cheers,
    Tainotim

Love this style you are developing Tainotim. Keep up the lovely work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Novice

Nice map

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Excellent map Tainotim, everything is very well done (as usual with your work).

"was built" in the text should be "were built"

As for the map itself, I like it. The geography is convincing and the composition pleasant. The names have a nice mix of types. The symbols work well together. The only thing I see that could be improved is a few issues where text isn't quite as readable as it could be because of running up against terrain features (I'm especially thinking of Blackmar, where it looks like a tree-shadow is actually over the "L", although I think that's an illusion due to the font representing low print quality putting a break just at the point where it would run into the woods there). It is more of a problem for me in the color map, rather than the monochrome version.

Oh, and the map reads "THE HIGHREALM", while the text has "the High-realms". I assume that the hyphen is only for the line break, but the final "s" is still an issue. It is possible, of course, that both forms are acceptable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast