Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halimrith

Map Halimrith

Hi everyone!

Here is my first finished map! Hurrah!

I've been following some of the work here for a few months now and thought to have a go, I actually started this map without the intention of going very far with it, but I found drawing it so therapeutic I just kept going! I had some very helpful advice when I posted in the "work in progress" area, so thanks guys! I also tried to make sure that everything on the map had a story behind it, most remain in my head but I'll write a few of them down below if anyone is interested. In the mean time I'd love to hear feedback, I'm itching to start the next one so pointers would be appreciated! Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	150610_2 HALIMRITH.jpg 
Views:	546 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	73971

Halimrith is a land of many awkward alliances and constant nervousness as to what might one day come forth from the mysterious forest of Anur. The capital, Imrith, struggles to keep the barons of the land from plunging Halimrith into chaos, in a time when unity is key to the survival of all. A great power stirs in the north under the banner of Bendinar, a highly secretive country that is expert in hiding its endeavors behind higher and higher walls.

None now live who remember the appearance of the blood stone, but it is said that it once erupted from the very earth itself! Signs of war brew in Halimrith, and the bloodstone holds a dark secret that will soon save or destroy the people of Imrith and Bendinar alike!

It is said a terrible ghost lives within screachers perch and pulls the strings of the barons mind, it sends forth specters in the night who kill the horses of travelers. This is of course poppycock. Those nasty screaches people hear at night are just down to the giant owls that hunt wild horses at night.

Also, don't swim in the sea.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mateus090985's Avatar

Great map my friend!

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

Really beautiful map, especially for a first one! Have some rep and keep up the good work! =)
    Visit me on ArtStation.

As I said in the wip thread, this is a splendid map Wolram.
    Well worthy of some rep.
    I'll be happy to see more of your work.

I would rep you for the cliffs alone (I have a thing about cliffs lately!!) but it seems I repped you the other day. I love the improvements you've made and they work fantastically well. This is an amazing first map and you should be proud!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Excellent map, great mountains! Welcome to the Guild!

Nicely done. I like all the little islands you put in there as well...whacked you with rep!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

really good work on shadows! have some rep

Awesome map! Have some rep.

Impressive map, especially for a first one! I really like the colors and the general feeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast