Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A tablet, do I need one?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Congrats!!

Grats Tilt, hope you enjoy it

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

thanks - looking very much forward to learning how to use it, and I'll return to the thread with an evaluation
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I finally might be breaking down and getting myself a tablet - I am looking at a Wacom Bamboo of the 5 x 8 size. If I get one, I'll be sure to post my first "hand-drawn" map using it.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Blog Entries

yep... still have a few days to get a Lite Challenge in .. so I'm thinking hand drawn.. that'll do it
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Blog Entries

So, my first tablet work ever... http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?10697 for this months competition...
    I'm still trying to get use to it... and use the mouse for all the non-drawing stuff (which I probably shouldn't), I think I'll try to see if there somewhere in settings are a setting for using the pressure to control opacity instead of brush size... I think that would be more usefull (other than for rivers of course)
    regs tilt

Open the Brushes palette (F5). In the Shape Dynamics, under Size Jitter, turn Control to Off. Go to Other Dynamics and under Opacity Jitter set Control to Pen Pressure.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Blog Entries

cool thanks
    regs tilt

I'm comfortable with a mouse and not very artistic. I rely heavily on filters and step by step techniques to produce results opposed to knowing how to draw anything freehand. Therefore, I suspect that a tablet wouldn't do much for me.

If I *were* artistic though, I suspect that the pen pressure feature would make all the difference in convincing me to get one. I've read a number of blog posts by artists that use them and describe various things you can do with that feature. That's the one thing about tablets that has always stood out for me. If I were to get one, I'd look into that more fully. I suspect some tablets deal with pen pressure better than others.

Blog Entries

now I've only gotten a small one, but you can get some that not only responds to pressure, but also tilt of the pen (yep, I said tilt)
    regs tilt

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast