Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WIP - Malazan World Map

Wip Bump!

latest progress, 35% scale
    and I know the rivers aren't quite proper yet, blame the author (lol)
    everything's stretched a bit because at their current locations, they would be too distorted on a globe,
    so I did my best to stretch things in a similar way to Gaia's world map
    waddya think?
    any ideas. suggestions?

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I could never get into those books; they were incomprehensibly boring to me. But that map is fantastic. That's going to be something special when you're done.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Read the foreword in the first one - where the author himself said that his books weren't for everyone, but if you "survived" the first third of the book, you'd probably like it
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

lol, that's about right, I had to survive the first 3rd of each one of those books, they do tend start out slow, but once I got into them I couldn't put it down.

Amazing work Sadist. Had to come have a proper look.

Gonna be great complete, and just hope SE can drop a few tidbits here and there to help with the unknowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Winged Lord View Post
    Amazing work Sadist. Had to come have a proper look.

Gonna be great complete, and just hope SE can drop a few tidbits here and there to help with the unknowns.
    that would be absolutely wonderful...I was thinking about emailing him, I'd really like this to be as accurate as possible

Wip

here's the most recent work, I lightened up the whole thing just a bit, makes some of the details easier to see, some of the rivers aren't meeting up with the ocean at the moment (I'm working on it) also some of the mountains and things aren't showing up quite right, I'll work on those too
    any CnC you guys might have is most welcome!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Malaz map.jpg 
Views:	16665 
Size:	3.46 MB 
ID:	25356  
    Last edited by Sadist; 06-01-2010 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadist View Post
    here's the most recent work, I lightened up the whole thing just a bit, makes some of the details easier to see, some of the rivers aren't meeting up with the ocean at the moment (I'm working on it) also some of the mountains and things aren't showing up quite right, I'll work on those too
    any CnC you guys might have is most welcome!
    I can't view the attachment at a bigger size - the image says it cannot be displayed because it has errors.. ::shrug::

But, I really dig what I've seen so far. Fantastic stuff. The scale reminds me of a similarly fancy map somebody did of the Warhammer world a few years ago.

And please, pretty pretty please, include the Bridgeburner symbol in the legend whenever you get to wrapping up this map!

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperial View Post
    I can't view the attachment at a bigger size - the image says it cannot be displayed because it has errors.. ::shrug::

But, I really dig what I've seen so far. Fantastic stuff. The scale reminds me of a similarly fancy map somebody did of the Warhammer world a few years ago.

And please, pretty pretty please, include the Bridgeburner symbol in the legend whenever you get to wrapping up this map!
    oh no! I'll try to re-upload it

I'll try re-uploading it

in the meantime here is a link:

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/3184/malazmap.jpg

Oh and yes! wait, Bridgebruner or Bonehunter? I don't remember the Bridgeburner symbols being described, but I might have just forgot about it

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast