View Poll Results: A single vote this month.

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mordenkainen's Force Disc - by Aval Penworth

5 15.15%
  • Doomsday Room - by Djekspek

5 15.15%
  • Avatar Inflitrator Module - by Gamerprinter

9 27.27%
  • Inn of the Western Sands - Gidde

11 33.33%
  • Lightning Cage - Ilvarin

1 3.03%
  • Pixie Trap - ravells

2 6.06%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *** May 2010 Challenge Voting - Filling a gap in time and space ***

Blog Entries

Default *** May 2010 Challenge Voting - Filling a gap in time and space ***

Time to vote for your favorite space filler !

To recap, challenge is to "map a single room or space. This room is to be located at the end of a portal that zaps characters and teleports or similarly forces them in one way into this area. The room can be fantasy or sci-fi or anything else. It must have no windows or exits, can be of any size. You can fill it with all the expected stuff that might be found there and any extra unusual things that you feel like. You can show or mention what the space is and how the characters might return from it."

Nicest and most interesting map is the criteria this month.

Vote for 1 entry this month

This months Thumbnails

Please rep your favorite entries
    Last edited by Redrobes; 05-26-2010 at 05:58 AM.

Wow. This month went so fast I didn;t get a chance for my entry.... Inside the genie's bottle.

It was going to be a kitschy little thing consisting of a round room full of Arabian carpets and pillows with a hookah or two and some plates of fruit thrown in for good measure.

-Rob A>

Blog Entries

Hah that would have been perfect - id have voted for it I was wondering what Neons Mondo idea was too...

All of these were impressive and worthy of praise. I especially like how this challenge resulted in extremely varied approaches.
    My two favorites are Djekspek's and Gidde's. Djekspek's conjured up all sorts of interesting ideas for stories based solely on that image, but in the end I voted for Gidde. At first the map seemed too simplistic, but that simplicity actually fits very well with the story told through the journal entries.
    Great work everyone.

heya, sorry I wasnt able to finish my map; first time i didnt finsih it for the challenge (grrrrr) and guess i shoud have withdrawn it... Anyway, pretty cool entries again this month! I love Ravs cook and AP's wizard (great effects with reflections and all). Ilvarins looks pretty cool too but I couldnt really see a map in it. Wanted to chose between Giddes and GP's maps as i think those were the nicest, and finally went for GP's (nice clean style!). cheers!

I would have voted for Djekspek if he would have even color it. The most fascinating idea of all of them. You could always finish it anyway, that would be awesome.
    She's taken to calling me "Abbot Fou". I like it. Pretty sure it means "Enlightened Warrior."

Some nice entries here. I picked Gamerprinter's, as I like his sci-fi concept. It was also the most polished map I think. Certainly not saying the other maps were trash as they aren't, but some seem less finished (like Djekspek's and I just read his post that indeed he wasn't able to finish).
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Blog Entries

I'm not a big sci-fi gaming fan, though I used to be, but I voted for GP's entry because of the balance, the creativity and the artistry. It wasn't about the boobs. That's my story and you can't prove otherwise.

The other entries were excellent and well worthy of rep. Congratulations to all of you who took the time to dazzle us!

PS: this time I actually managed to rep everyone I tried to rep. I still owe you one for the lite challenge Aval. I haven't forgotten
    Last edited by Immolate; 05-26-2010 at 05:50 PM.
    ----------
    My Deviant Art Map Gallery

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

This was actually a tough vote for me.

The force disc was certainly unusual and fit the theme.
    The infiltration module was well done (to be expected, considering who drew it, heh)
    Inn of the Western Sands - this almost got my vote, i caught the musical reference as soon as i started reading it
    The lightning cage had great potential, and also fit the theme
    Ravells - you're nuts and I loved it

I just had to go with Djek though, even unfinished it really drew me in (pun! hah!) more than the other entries.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Voted for GP's Infiltrator map. Nice stuff.

Djekspek would have gotten my vote had he finished...I can almost picture it colored in. Please finish it!

Honestly, though, the squirrel-eating-fey-kitchen-in-a-log concept is quite appealing to me. I'd like very much to figure out a way to use that one in a game someday...
    M

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast