Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No thumbnail

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Default No thumbnail

I noted at my Centralia entry that the usual thumbnail doesn't appear. Is this a problem with the new forum or could the jpeg file be the reason for this?

Blog Entries

No, I run a script now and again to fetch all the finished map threads and check for updates and refresh the thumbs for that. I haven't done that since the move because generally I don't have as good a connection as I used to have pre move and I have been getting server errors and timeouts. If I get one of these part way through the script then it would likely hose the thumbs so for now I am leaving them. To be honest, in the last week or so I have had less outages than previously so maybe I should run it though and risk it.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I get time outs and 404s just trying to go to the main page about twice a week now in addition to about 10% of the jpg thumbs getting messed up.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Yeah I'm also seeing issues with the .JPG thumbnails - the placeholder is there and you can click on it to view, but no image.

@RedRobes - I don't think this is related to your thumbnailer script
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I'm guessing it is an internal server issue related to the occasional 404 we see.

There is a manual process an admin can trigger to rebuild all the thumbnails, but it is pretty cpu intensive (given the number of our images)

I've posted at vBulletin asking if there is a process to rebuild only the missing thumbnails, not all of them.

-Rob A>

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

sounds good - I've also have missing thumbs for instance on my mountain realms finished map. Lets hope its an easy fix
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Blog Entries

Are we talking about the usual thread attachment thumb or the finished thumbnails page. I know the timeouts are not related to my script but if I get a lot of web errors then the script will stop. Its a long script therefore its not likely to finish leaving all the finished thumbs in a bad way. But that script is not related to the thread attachment images.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I, at least are talking about the thumb from attaching a pic to your post...
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I haven't looked at the Finished Maps thumbs in months so I have no idea if they are messed up. I would assume that any posts in that section, since the site update, might contain some errors. I'm talking about random thumb errors in normal posts.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Sorry, should have been more clear - I was referring to normally posted attachment thumbnails, not your finished map script
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast