Thread: Refuge v3.0

Wip Refuge v3.0

Well, i'm playing around with another style for campaign map. This one is based on a CC3 annual from "Sarah Wroot". Tell me what you think. The JPEG faded the colors a bit more than I expected. As always your comments would be greatly appreciated while I improve my technique.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wroot1.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	557.4 KB 
ID:	25176  
    Visit my site for roleplaying at http://www.rpgrescue.com.

Difficult to say at the moment, there the style lives from the effects of different colors. I think you have also mixed different symbol sets: the thin monochrome mountains and the colored trees. It also looks like the blue effect is above the mountains.

Alright,

Fixed the mix and match symbols, the terrain effect, also added a bit more of the map for comparison. I can't add the whole map, because I can't seem to get the shape of the main continent right. I have a real mental block when it comes to that. Please let me know what you think as I continue to improve the map,

Marc

Name:	wroot2.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	634.3 KB 
ID:	25225  

Hi Marc,
    the second map part is much better concerning the symbols (mountains). There you are interested in the Sarah Wroot style, please consider to buy the annual 2007. It is the only annual I own, because for me there are many useful things (J.Speed style (fantastic), mercator style, modern/old town maps, parchment templates, DD3 hints etc.). It is the best annual for me so far.
    If you don't care, you will have to use varicolor symbols, you have matched the colors well as well as the symbols. In the PF examples the colors are used for similar terrain types and don't forget the broken lines around the continents.
    I hope this will help,
    regards
    Torsten

I finally, put the main continent on, so hopefully it gives the islands a little perspective. Now, I'm ready to begin the refinement phase. In my previous incarnations of Refuge the land of the Godkings was on the main continent, but because of the scale they are now on the very large island right next to the Malwa Empire. A bit of trivia for those keeping track

thanks for the feedback,

Marc

Name:	wroot3.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	876.2 KB 
ID:	25260