Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Locnerac citie of selandia

Guild Apprentice

Default Locnerac citie of selandia

Bonjour,

I present the last town of Selandia to you which I have just remade. This large quoted commercial is very wide. Thus I will publish a version more detailed in eight parts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	locnerac.jpg 
Views:	1331 
Size:	286.7 KB 
ID:	25193

The first part relates to the district of bridge which spans the entry of bay of Locnérac and the district of the magi, the temple headlight of Ferros, the castle of mysterious Kimbeul and the cemetery of the hurdy-gurdy city with its steles of another age.

Name:	locnerac-A0-D.jpg 
Views:	362 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	25194
    Sortilègement votre. Iparcos

My map

I love it. Great use of negative space and I really like the variations in the 'filler' buildings. Did you take a modular approach in doing the buildings? i.e. have a lot of individual bits like the main structure, the dormers etc which you put together to make each building. Great work, Iparcos, lots of interesting buildings and character in this map.

Guild Apprentice

I do not understand all the technical terms: “negative space”. I use illustrator and made elements everywhere. The modular approach is made only by copy that I can modify afterwards. But it is especially much of time to make buildings different with each paste from houses.

Here the second part of the town of Locnérac which relates to today the park of the old rampart, the school of magic (the geode) and the district of the artists like in the lake city the district of the ship-owners and their luxurious residences. One sees there also many religious places, brood and monastery, vault library and the Phantom, one of the most curious cabarets of Locnérac.

Name:	locnerac-A0-C.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	25268

My map

Guild Journeyer

Negative space in this context means the gardens, plazas etc. all the objects that break up the 'important bits' (generally the buildings)

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

great looking map - love the sail boats
    - have some rep
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Very nice, it looks like it took forever to do.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Apprentice

This is the third part of the city of Locnérac. The harbor entrance is surrounded by three massive buildings. In the east the haunted tower Elves (unfortunate symbol of recognition of the city to the people), west of the fortress Cathèdraliers and along the first pier of the harbor the Colossus of Locnérac (symbol of recognition of Cathédraliers city). The port is the only place in the city or deep-draft vessels can dock water. It includes the captaincy, the provost and the famous guild of cartographers. A bit aloof stands Wells drowned the city jail. Complete description of the city. Tiny changes have been made on the first two parts of the map of the city.

Name:	locnerac-A0-B.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	25387

My map

Guild Apprentice

Here is the fourth part of the city of Locnérac. Here it closes the lagoon. Between two small boats passing headlights, contrasting the high seas vessels from the main port city. Dome Guard Kurdonique (which secures the outskirts of the city) is on the same strip of land that the fortress Cathédraliers. An island that has not yet invaded the building was home to serve the community of pontoons Karet Village. Tidal marshes and mills have a slow and continuous activity to supply the city. Complete description of the city. Moreover A3 version of the city comprehensive plan is available with a little less detail.

Name:	locnerac-A0-A.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	763.7 KB 
ID:	25462

My map

Guild Apprentice

Here is the fifth part of the city of Locnérac. There is the fishing village of Tynorharbor with the largest factory in the city. A bayou where fog is permanent, is nestled at the bottom of the lagoon. He called the park Ifs. It is strange that such a tree grows. Théverwin is a small community of gnomes who live in their houses if particular near the tavern the most notorious of the city, the saw chain. These woods are full of stones engraved with famous Cromlech Thonnahazar. This contrasts with the quiet island of stone steles on the water, one of the cemeteries of the city. Finally the community pontoons having Karet Village on the lagoon. Full descriptions of the city.

Name:	locnerac-A0-E.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	25563

My map

I love the variety of buildings you've done. Lovely work Iparcos. The colour scheme looks familiar...with the blue buildings and the brown ones but I can't place it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast