Thread: Longpass Keep

Default Longpass Keep

This is a piece I started a long while back in MS Paint; recently I added some textures in GIMP and have been playing around with ideas for a background for it. It isn't yet done, and sometimes I think it never really will be (still undecided as to where I am going to go with the rooftops). Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy of Longpass Keep Unfinished.png 
Views:	305 
Size:	670.6 KB 
ID:	25278  
    Last edited by blkstone1; 05-30-2010 at 10:18 AM.

Looks pretty nice. You should avoid posting .bmp pictures here though. Save as a .png or .jpg before uploading, so that we can view it in the browser.

For the background you could make a large layer, fill it with a "ground" style texture, shear it, and place it under the keep. As for the tower roofs, you could add some texture overlays and place banners on flagpoles on the tops.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Very nice!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Hey, that's pretty sweet. And the layout is logical from a defense standpoint too - something you don't always see in fantasy castles.

Thanks -- and I appreciate your comment Diamond; I always try to go for realism when it comes to fortifications, so thanks for noticing!

That's a really awesome castle! I'm very impressed with the 3D effect, especially since you achieved it in Paint