Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who plays Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition in here?

I've played all incarnations of D&D as well, but it seems the group I play with has settled nicely in 3.5 and wont get out until we are poked with a very large stick and that just doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon. Personally I'd like to play more Exalted and Vampire (without the LARP, no offense to any LARPers).

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    I play 4e with one group and Pathfinder with another. I GM both which keeps me on my toes...
    I bet it does, I do believe however that I still remember most of the 3.5 rules, but I'm glad I only have to play 4e now

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    I don't play 4e - I don't use DnD for my Role Play gaming group at all. I use the Gurps system and have for decades. After following your link I am wondering why we would want to keep this in a separate area?
    I haven't made the group to make a separate mapping area for 4e players, GOD NO! I believe in the common community.
    I was curious as too how many 4e players there were in here and who they were - thats all. And in my opinion you can play 4e on any old map - only with a few added details it greatly enhances the experience.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Journeyer

In my opinion 4e plays more as a tactial board game than a RPG (not that there is anything wrong with that). Hence given all my RP is pbp, it doesn't really appeal, hence I play a mixture of 3.5 and pathfinder

Blog Entries

I will absolutely agree that there are a lot more tactics to combat in 4e - but isn't combat tactics ... I feel its so much more fun than stepping up to an enemy and exchanging blows until someone goes down. And in addition to that people tend to focus on 4e is = boardgame or computergame. But yes, the combat has changed, but the roleplayings stays the same like in all games - good or bad rules. It is the GM/Players that define a game - not rules
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    I haven't made the group to make a separate mapping area for 4e players, GOD NO! I believe in the common community.
    I was curious as too how many 4e players there were in here and who they were - thats all. And in my opinion you can play 4e on any old map - only with a few added details it greatly enhances the experience.
    Oh, good deal then. At first I was confused by the "join up" membership thingy and was thinking, hey man, just cuz I don't play it doesn't mean I don't want to have an excuse to make more maps
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Oh, good deal then. At first I was confused by the "join up" membership thingy and was thinking, hey man, just cuz I don't play it doesn't mean I don't want to have an excuse to make more maps
    oh no - you don't get out of making maps... no putting your legs up and having a drink for you
    regs tilt

I've been running a very sporadic 4e game for about a year now, and I'm playing in IG's PbP on EN World. That one is actually moving more quickly than I had anticipated. When we're on the ball, it's not much slower than the Rifts game I used to run on an old BBS. It will probably slow down as the encounters get more complex, of course, but I'm still pleasantly surprised at the pace. 4e is fun, but it's got some peculiar limitations on character builds that I don't care for.

I like to jump from system to system, though. In the past four years, I've played Rolemaster, Wheel of Time, World of Darkness, Alternity, Traveler, Unknown Armies, 4e, 3.5, Sidewinder, Star Wars d6, and Ninjas & Superspies.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    ..., and I'm playing in IG's PbP on EN World. That one is actually moving more quickly than I had anticipated. When we're on the ball, it's not much slower than the Rifts game I used to run on an old BBS. It will probably slow down as the encounters get more complex, of course, but I'm still pleasantly surprised at the pace. ...
    okay - I'm totally lost here... PbP, EN, BBS ... I have a guess on BBS being a bulletin board thing?
    ...In the immortal words of Sergeant Roger Murtaugh I'm getting to old for this s*** *lol*
    regs tilt

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    okay - I'm totally lost here... PbP, EN, BBS ... I have a guess on BBS being a bulletin board thing?
    ...In the immortal words of Sergeant Roger Murtaugh I'm getting to old for this s*** *lol*
    En world is one of the bigger forum sites out there for 4E.

PbP is play by post.

Hope that helps

Blog Entries

yep, thanks - gotta learn something new each day
    regs tilt

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast