Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who plays Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition in here?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post Who plays Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition in here?

So I got curious - who in here plays 4e. I for one love the system but I know a lot of people are hesitant to "upgrade". Personally I could pave a road with outdated rpg books *lol*

So, if you play 4e, join the group - the first question is allready posted in there

http://www.cartographersguild.com/group.php?groupid=4
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I play 4e with one group and Pathfinder with another. I GM both which keeps me on my toes...

*hisses at the mentioning of the anathema*

I really dislike 4E. The whole feel of a PnP MMORPG is what makes me feel like a cat stroked backwards. I could rant about it more, but people don't need to see that thing...
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

I play 4e and have the most experience with it. (I did play part of one campaign 3.5, though.) The campaign I'm working on right now is for 4e.

I don't play 4e - I don't use DnD for my Role Play gaming group at all. I use the Gurps system and have for decades. After following your link I am wondering why we would want to keep this in a separate area?

I would like to create maps for 4e and while it might help if I did play 4e, I don't think it limits my ability to create the type of maps I hear folks speaking about.

Since I already know Gurps and can make it as complex or simple as I want it I don't see the need for a core system change. There are plenty of rules for shoving, throwing, knocking back etc within Gurps if I want to use them and a dangerous battlemap that allows for various strategies in combat shouldn't be that big of a problem.

If I'm the only one who feels this way than no worries but it seems we would be better off if we allowed for everyone to help in making maps specific for the 4e experience. Regardless if they play it or not. *shrug*
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    I play 4e with one group and Pathfinder with another. I GM both which keeps me on my toes...
    I bet it does, I do believe however that I still remember most of the 3.5 rules, but I'm glad I only have to play 4e now

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    I don't play 4e - I don't use DnD for my Role Play gaming group at all. I use the Gurps system and have for decades. After following your link I am wondering why we would want to keep this in a separate area?
    I haven't made the group to make a separate mapping area for 4e players, GOD NO! I believe in the common community.
    I was curious as too how many 4e players there were in here and who they were - thats all. And in my opinion you can play 4e on any old map - only with a few added details it greatly enhances the experience.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    I haven't made the group to make a separate mapping area for 4e players, GOD NO! I believe in the common community.
    I was curious as too how many 4e players there were in here and who they were - thats all. And in my opinion you can play 4e on any old map - only with a few added details it greatly enhances the experience.
    Oh, good deal then. At first I was confused by the "join up" membership thingy and was thinking, hey man, just cuz I don't play it doesn't mean I don't want to have an excuse to make more maps
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Oh, good deal then. At first I was confused by the "join up" membership thingy and was thinking, hey man, just cuz I don't play it doesn't mean I don't want to have an excuse to make more maps
    oh no - you don't get out of making maps... no putting your legs up and having a drink for you
    regs tilt

Myself....I have played D&D in ALL it's incarnations, and really enjoy the 4th Edition system quite well.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Myself....I have played D&D in ALL it's incarnations, and really enjoy the 4th Edition system quite well.
    Same Here.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast