Thread: Political Borders Needed!

Guild Novice

Default Political Borders Needed!

On the following map, I've created my first draft of the grand continents of Bsopura and Sumara, using a tutorial from this website. I'm fairly happy with how it turned out, though I think it could use some significant improvement: namely, in the creation of more accurate/realistic/good-looking political borders. To give a general sense of the history, the top-left country is an alpine empire, fairly militant and eager to take territory and "reculturize" it, renaming cities, and moving in huge amounts of immigrants. They are a Germanic country, if I were to transpose them into Earth. The top-left country, one with more of an Asiatic influence, is a quiet country of farmers and monks, a fantasy Nepal or Bhutan. Since the Germanic country lacks significant arable land, they depend on these fiercely nationalistic people for food, which keeps them relatively safe. In addition, their good relationship with the middle country, the local superpower provides quite a bit of backup. The middle country is like a mercantilistic Morrocco: trading tentacles everywhere, with a decent military, largely made up of mercenaries and highly trained knights and cavaliers. They are the primary trading partner of the bottom country, a nomadic people, roughly analogous to Old Testament/Torah era Hebrews.
    Any and all help is appreciated!

Edit: Specifically what I'm looking for is DIY advice: though if anyone wants to use the existing file and add edits onto it, that'd be appreciated as well. Thanks so much.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bospura Sumara copy.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	906.1 KB 
ID:	25368  
    Last edited by Nabi; 06-17-2010 at 12:38 AM.

Guild Novice

Well, let's try this - thanks for the heads up!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bospura Sumara copy.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	906.1 KB 
ID:	25370  

Guild Novice

Am I allowed to Bump?

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Absolutely. However you're likely to get a better response inthe Mapmaking Requests forum if you read through the sticky and make it clear what you are after. As far as I can see you want a map created, but I don't know if what you want is an edit to the existing file, some advice on how to make it better yourself, or for someone to create an entirely new map from scratch, using your map as a reference. I'd recommend expanding the first post so that readers have a clear idea of what you are after.

Nice first map by the way!

Guild Novice

Thanks so much, and deepest apologies!