Thread: Help with world map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member

Default Maroon Continental Map - WIP

My world project is finally reaching an end. I was hoping I could get some input on the project so far.

The project was built using resources from CC3 and a few tid bits from free online resources including some from users of CG. I corporated them into PS 7 to build everything. The purpose is to create a world for a D&D campaign I am running. I should note that the long wall near the center of the map uses some 3-D art I farmed from deviantArt and I am still trying to get permission to use by that artist (still waiting to hear from him/her).

I have a couple of problems I am trying to work out.

1) I am trying to work out a map scale that fits the map but also makes for a large explorable world. So far I have come up with 1 square = 75 miles. Curious what people think about that?

2) My next step is to add text for the names of cities, mountains, places, etc... What is the best way to do this? Should I use the original PSD file and add more layers are work off of a compiled image? What fonts work well and which ones should I avoid? How do you choose to align text (i.e. never use vertical, keep all text uniform size, etc...).

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maroon Draft 2.jpg 
Views:	473 
Size:	4.74 MB 
ID:	25395  
    Last edited by smyrin; 06-03-2010 at 08:35 AM.