Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Palazzo di Valenea

Thank you, ravells!
    Now that I've begun my fight with Illustrator (aka trying to adjust to this horrible interface), at least I managed to scan and edit the file so the contrast sticks out more. This picture is the version my gamers will see (lacking all the secret doors, hallways, stairs etc). Of course I'll make the handout a bit prettier when they get it, but I'm sure they'll take until October to get there, so plenty of time to finish other stuff first
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	palazzo_gamer.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	27663  
    Now that the warm fuzzy part is over we can get back to the ritual dismemberments. Oh wait, it's not Tuesday is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Aelyn View Post
    About the influence: Mea culpa, but I don't actually know what ICE's old MERP modules maps are... The only influences I can cite is a roleplaying resource book which featured a somewhat similar mansion and a very small guide to drawing roleplaying maps yourself.
    Here's a sample from the starter module that came with my ancient boxed set. (I can't believe I still have this thing!) I've cropped out a lot of the map to preserve ICE's intellectual property.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	style-sample.png 
Views:	172 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	27687  
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Ah I see the similarities! Still it doesn't feel right to me, too many lines seem to be drawn by ruler. Makes it neat and clean, but reduces the flair of a hand-drawn floorplan imho. I'm stuck with the style I compilated from the various rpg resources mentioned before. For those who care, the book mentioned is this: http://www.amazon.de/Ritterburgen-Sp.../dp/3940424102 I found it extremely inspiring, not only the text but also the background information about how many servants are needed for a palazzo this size, what special inhabitants the house would have etc.
    Now that the warm fuzzy part is over we can get back to the ritual dismemberments. Oh wait, it's not Tuesday is it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12