Thread: Fairlee - WIP

Wip Fairlee - WIP

So I started with a map drawn around regional features that I wanted to include... open plains, mountains, and an isthmus and divided it up between the seven countries.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	36033

It needs scale and rivers. Rivers scare me. After looking around the tutorials section, I think I might have rivers I'm happy with... but does it all work at this scale?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map 05-11 dragon knight v1.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	820.4 KB 
ID:	36034

I'm pretty sure the attempt at water depth needs to go, and more thought ought to be put into the placement of the wee towns, but I got a little brush happy near the end and put them in wherever. Credit for the good parts goes to Fast-and-Easy-Artistic-Maps-in-the-GIMP.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good start. You have some houses that hang off the end of the map as well as some that are underneath rivers. At this scale you could go with less river branching and that would clean up some of the "spaghetti" effect. All in all nice work.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Guild Novice

I like the style of the map. But in my opinion these houses don't fit to the rest. Maybe you should replace them by symbols for cities and vary the size of them or something like that.
    The size of the trees don't match with the size of the mountain. Maybe you should also take a second look at the placement of your trees and houses some them overlap.

But I think it's a good start you can build on and improve