Thread: Much appreciation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Much appreciation

I never intended to post anything, I joined the community only so that I could access all of the tutorials. That said, the tutorials and information I found here was so excellent, that the map I created far surpassed my expectations.

I used several of the guides, and tried to imitate some of the maps I liked, but in particular the Antique and Atlas style guides from Ascension were extremely helpful. I am sorry I lost track of the other guides I used, and the two maps I tried to imitate so I can't give the rest of the credit due.

I know the map I created isn't up to the caliber of the others I see here, and it isn't going to win any points or contests. But I really never expected it to be as good as it is, so I thought I would post it up, just so you can see how you guys helped a clueless noob with no artistic skills whatsoever. Thanks much.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

That's a very respectable first map indeed. Well done! And welcome into the light from lurking.

You can attach larger images by using the paper clip attachment manager when you're composing a post. Click the Go Advanced... button when composing a post and it's there at the top.

Good stuff, and I hope we see some more from you.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi Relgatta, welcome to the guild (out in the open) - very nice map you've got there - good job, have some rep with my mace of nice repping +3
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Welcome relgatta, glad you have delurked, because of a fine first map.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Speaking as a fellow artistically challenged person, your first map looks a helluva lot better than my first map did! Have some rep for delurking and with a great map! I just wish I could zoom in

Welcome to the Guild!

And Nice Map!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Thanks for the kind words and the rep!