Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first map... (yet to be named)

Nice to see fellow DND players. ))

Looks very nice. Keep up the good work.

Nice start. Welcome to the D&D Darkside... I'm getting the impression you're possibly under the near-infernal influence of 4th Edition... but then I'm biased like that.

Welcome to the Guild. Pester the nerds for their advice and tutorials.
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Guild Novice

Thanks!

The books I picked up were all 4e. What about 4e are you not fond of?
    Maybe it's my noobishness showing, but when I thought of DnD, I wasn't thinking along the lines of miniatures.

Blog Entries

Good job sinastir. I think you need to bring back the continental shelf. Although the desert color is fine it has washed out all of the texture in those areas, I thought that looked nicer in the first version. My mountains in Ascension's tut became too washed out for me so I tried adding a bump map layer ala Rob A's regional map tutorial. I sort of borrow techniques that work for me from each of the tuts. The other thing I noticed is that the grid layer seems to be below the mountain or peak layer, it disappears in a few places. Keep up the good work.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sinastir View Post
    The books I picked up were all 4e. What about 4e are you not fond of?
    Maybe it's my noobishness showing, but when I thought of DnD, I wasn't thinking along the lines of miniatures.
    DnD (no matter what edition) isn't about miniatures, its about roleplaying. But for combats its nice to see where the participants are in relation to one another. And to be sure that everybody has the same picture, a battle map and miniatures might be good. That being said, I've had tons of combats where we just drew some lines on a paper and a letter for each character. Then we've played a lot with miniatures, and handpainted them and all that stuff - and thats really cool, but also rather expensive on the monster front Now we use cardboard pieces - ie we print 1 inch square representations of everything (or more squares for big monsters) and glue them to cardboard to make them easier to pick up (and less likely to be blown away by an open window).

And on a personal side - it so much more fun with a cool Battle map - just made my first, working on my second and not planning to stop soon *lol*.
    But you can work your way down to those ... You've begun your world map, then you can go regional, city and finally battle map
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12