Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Dominion of the Elders of Sorres

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

But we might retire to do fantasy maps
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I really like how you did the farms that dot the landscape. Are those done by hand?

Thnx, the farms were actually rather simple. The texture was made by Bambua, he's got some good textures. Having determined that farms shouldn't extend more than 2-3 miles out from a settlement I drew a 3 mile radius around the settlements and painted in random layouts of farm, keeping close to the roads and rivers where possible. A few layer style tweaks later and bam, farms done, simple right?

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Blog Entries

As no-one seems to have mentioned it it must just be me, but those rivers seem bevelled the wrong way or something. They seem to be bubbling over the land to me.

Otherwise the map looks great.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Your not the first to mention that, its a constant problem I face. It's probably because the light is coming from the southeast rather than the northwest as is the default setting.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
    As no-one seems to have mentioned it it must just be me, but those rivers seem bevelled the wrong way or something. They seem to be bubbling over the land to me.

Otherwise the map looks great.
    That was my first observation as well, but now I don't see it like that anymore for some reason. The rivers are actually my favorite part and now my eyes pick up on them as if they're "sunken" into the landscape and not on top of it. Weird.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As LoneW said, its the ligthing coming from an unexpected direction that messes with your senses... but as soon as you tell your mind what is "right" you see everything normally
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12