Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dominion of the Elders of Sorres

Default The Dominion of the Elders of Sorres

Okay, this is the Dominion of the Elders of Sorres, the lands surrounding ym last map, White Rock City.

The entire map was done from scratch in photoshop and, with the exception of the mountains and some of the water and decorative features, it is the first map where I've actually used my own style, though I can't really call it a style yet. Never the less, thanks go out to Yandor (the decorative disc in the bottom corners), Ascension (ocean base and texture) and Pasis (mountains) for their tuts and also thanks to Bambua for his farm texture. Thanks also go to anyone and everyone who critiqued on the map, this map would have been crap without the Guild.

And now onto the next map, the rest of the Dal Lands.

-D-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Dominion of Sorres.jpg 
Views:	745 
Size:	4.64 MB 
ID:	25524  
    Last edited by LonewandererD; 06-05-2010 at 04:20 AM.
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Great map LWD! What are those round brown spots? Are these ruins or watchtowers? For me, these are the only things that won't fit to the rest of the map, but that's just me. Sorry, can't rep you yet.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nicely done!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks guys.

@Katto - Those brown dots were actually supposed to be things like large totem poles and border stones, although the Dal are quite technologic they are still very spiritual and they believe those stones create a spiritual barrier of sorts, plus they're a great way of drawing a line between two territories. Should have worked on them some more the make them blend in a bit better.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Looks great, LWD, I love the textures.

Just saw this on DeviantArt. Very very nice

Thnx Ravells, I'd be happy to do maps for friends but I'm not so sure about doing commission, I have no idea how the process works to start with.

-D-

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

This is a beautiful map. I really dig the textures you used as well. Nicely done. Repped.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by LonewandererD View Post
    Thnx Ravells, I'd be happy to do maps for friends but I'm not so sure about doing commission, I have no idea how the process works to start with.

-D-
    Your modesty becomes you. Have a look at Torstan's post in the tutorial section on getting commissions (if you haven't read it already)...lots of useful info there on how to make a start. Don't plan on giving up your day job though - none of us are going to retire on making fantasy maps for a living.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast